Why become a member? ×

TODAY !!!! - South Midlands Bass Bash - CONFIRMED DATE

markstuk

Folk who have currently confirmed they're coming... If you're missing and are coming can you let me know...

Directions to Cox's yard are here - [url="http://www.coxsyard.co.uk/about/howtofindus"]http://www.coxsyard....out/howtofindus[/url]

Starts at 2 pm, ends 6 pm sharp...

You can load/unload in front of the venue with public car parks less than 100 m away...

Me - RH450/ABZ/S1/S12T
Kev - Warwick
Tauzero - a few Antoniotsais. Might bring a Warwick or two too.
Mark Stickley - Not Known
Blademan_98 - Orange Crush Combo, Rogue Fretless
Big_Thumb - Warwick Jazzman plus Amplification TBD
JDH - 55/01, CMD102P and a CIJ 62 P bass with flats.
Truckstop - Ampeg/Fender
Gafbass02 - Bergantino ae210's my two mij fenders, my zoom b9.1 and my bassmaster funk
Dbass (maybe) - Dingwall/Warwick/Genz
Bassman2790 - Ric

And from the Facebook event page

Alan Mathie - Not known
John Hepburn - Lakland 5 string and Markbass 210 combo (TBC)
Tori Rushton - Electric Cello
Richard Taylor - Hartke 810/PLX1802/Line 6 Pod Pro plus various basses :-)

Plus currently ten facebook maybes from the Stratford upon Avon Area Music Group...

Mark

Edited by markstuk

I'd come to that - weekend would obviously be best, preferably Saturday for me. I'm only about an hour up the M40/M42/M6 from there.

I don't have any gigs in September and with the timescale we work to it's unlikely any will come in now - boohoo.

Will there be beer?

Edited by bassybill

[quote name='Machines' post='1315990' date='Jul 25 2011, 05:32 PM']Anyone passing J7 M6 ? I have a car but it makes sense if someone is passing to cut down on fuel cost :).[/quote]

I'd be going that way - on M6 at J10, then down to M42 and M40. Could pick up near J7 no problem.

Hi guys,

Just back from a stay in Warwick hospital... I suspect I'm looking for a minimum of 12-15 people to commit to turn up and that will depend on who can commit to which dates before I book...

There will either be beer or you will be able to bring your own :-)

Mark

Looks like we've been offered a Sunday Afternoon late in September at Cox's Yard.... It's free as well as long as we patronise the bar :-) I'm just negotiating which Sunday at the moment... Still happy to take donations towards either Basschat or a charity thing TBD..

[url="http://www.coxsyard.co.uk/"]http://www.coxsyard.co.uk/[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

This is now confirmed for Sunday 25th September from 2 pm onwards upstairs at Cox's Yard...

Can you confirm whether you plan to attend or not...

Cheers

MArk

[quote name='markstuk' post='1329594' date='Aug 6 2011, 08:56 AM']Looks like we've been offered a Sunday Afternoon late in September at Cox's Yard.... It's free as well as long as we patronise the bar :-) I'm just negotiating which Sunday at the moment... Still happy to take donations towards either Basschat or a charity thing TBD..

[url="http://www.coxsyard.co.uk/"]http://www.coxsyard.co.uk/[/url][/quote]

[quote name='markstuk' post='1345276' date='Aug 19 2011, 11:42 AM']This is now confirmed for Sunday 25th September from 2 pm onwards upstairs at Cox's Yard...

Can you confirm whether you plan to attend or not...

Cheers

MArk[/quote]

I am up for the 25th!

Good call on a great venue.

Brian

Cool

See you there Brian, what are you planning to bring?

I'll probably bring my RH450 and Barefaced S12T, plus Dingwall 5 String ABZ (active) and my Status S1 5 String Fretless..

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='Blademan_98' post='1345295' date='Aug 19 2011, 11:54 AM']I am up for the 25th!

Good call on a great venue.

Brian[/quote]

HI Alex,

The more the merrier....

I might also be tempted to bring the beast out... :-) 2 x EBS Proline 410's and a PLX2402 :-)

[quote name='Truckstop' post='1345578' date='Aug 19 2011, 03:49 PM']Ooh! I might come to this one instead of the SE one. It's less hassle to get to!
If anyone fancies travelling up with me from South Herts area, I'll give a lift for some petrol money?

Cheers

Alex[/quote]

Hi Mark

I'll bring my Rogue fretless. It will give anyone a chance of seeing that a cheap fretless can be fun!

I will also bring my Orange Crush 50w combo if you need some 'quiet' amplification :).

I don't have anything super cool like your Dingwall but I have a couple of fake Fenders if they are of interest?

Brian

[quote name='markstuk' post='1345574' date='Aug 19 2011, 03:44 PM']Cool

See you there Brian, what are you planning to bring?

I'll probably bring my RH450 and Barefaced S12T, plus Dingwall 5 String ABZ (active) and my Status S1 5 String Fretless..

Cheers

Mark[/quote]

[quote name='markstuk' post='1345861' date='Aug 19 2011, 09:18 PM']Just had Mark Stickley of BassDirect in Warwick confirm he's going to bring some toys along as well... I asked him to bring stuff he thought we should try/hear... :-)[/quote]

This could get expensive then! :)

I'd like to tag along with all my gear I've bought off Mark!