Why become a member? ×

'Artia' Boosey and Hawkes Import Double Bass £1000 *SOLD*

I'm selling my 'Artia' double bass imported from Germany by Boosey and Hawkes around 1983.

It's a great bass if you're looking to start out on upright, much better than the ebay tat from China.

I bought this double bass in 2006 from Pete Tyler of Tyler basses. Since then I've had the action lowered, a new bridge, endpin (screw attached endpin rubber bung) and new soundpost fitted. And the fingerboard has been sanded for a more even finish.

Its laminated and solidly built. Soundwise, it's a dark, round sound - I've played mainly jazz but have had D'addario Helicore hybrid strings fitted for classical.

It comes with a sturdy soft case, K&K Max bass pickup, Nyman Harts Rosin and a bow (not the best bow in the world but a bow none the less!). I'll even chuck in an old copy of the Simandl Bass method book, a complete upright starter kit.

£1000

It's in East London at present until the 22nd of Aug, if you want to come and try it out. After that it will be in Swindon/Bristol

Photos can be found here, [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/23661205@N00/6001531321/"]http://www.flickr.co...N00/6001531321/[/url]

Cheers

Edited by BoulderBrow

Hi

I'm in the market for a decent bass and would be interested in viewing, if you still have it when you move to Bristol. Ive been learning on a cheap entry model but really want something better. I'm on holiday now for 2 weeks from Momday and then plan to sell a couple of bass guitars on ebay to fund a new DB so will give you a shout at the end of August if ok ?

Cheers

[quote name='brewster' post='1329315' date='Aug 5 2011, 10:19 PM']Hi

I'm in the market for a decent bass and would be interested in viewing, if you still have it when you move to Bristol. Ive been learning on a cheap entry model but really want something better. I'm on holiday now for 2 weeks from Momday and then plan to sell a couple of bass guitars on ebay to fund a new DB so will give you a shout at the end of August if ok ?

Cheers[/quote]

Hey Brewster,

There's some interest in London but if it doesn't sell, feel free to give me call

Cheers

• 3 months later...