Why become a member? ×

London Guitar Show

Mike

[url="http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/festivals-series/the-london-guitar-festival"]Link.[/url]

Seems to be a lot going on - but a big zero when it comes to us bassists!

Surely they could have got someone on the UK scene - Alec Dankworth, for example - to do a masterclass or something?

Really grinds my gears!

Regards

Mike

The Bass Love is in Manchester on the 9th of November 2008... this is when we're doing another Bass Day UK.
It's all still early days, so I can't say much about it so far, other than the date and location.

Will we see you there then?

[quote name='Pris-' post='153092' date='Mar 7 2008, 02:37 PM']The Bass Love is in Manchester on the 9th of November 2008... this is when we're doing another Bass Day UK.
It's all still early days, so I can't say much about it so far, other than the date and location.

Will we see you there then?[/quote]

You'll certainly see me there. Nov 9th now etched in blood.

I have heard the same - I was asked to exhibit at the London Guitar show and I did a bit of research and it seems that there is not enough to drag bass players in.

I do the NEC Music Live as it is on my doorstep and it was a great success personally even though it was 70% guitars, 20% drums, 10% keyboards, 8% accessories and 2% bass :-/

Anyway - hopefully I will be supporting Bass Day this year - although it now appears to coincide with music live!!!!

Mark

[quote name='Pris-' post='153092' date='Mar 7 2008, 02:37 PM']The Bass Love is in Manchester on the 9th of November 2008... this is when we're doing another Bass Day UK.

Will we see you there then?[/quote]

Will Bass Day have anything to offer a complete novice?

[quote name='Grand Puba' post='153704' date='Mar 8 2008, 07:00 PM']Will Bass Day have anything to offer a complete novice?[/quote]

:) Would the Pacific Ocean not be soooo much a better place if it was filled with chocolate, instead of salty water..? Would life not be totally wheey, if we all got rewarded a bass of our choice, the moment we can play Happy Birthday flawlessly..? Is 'Another cuppa, Pris', a totally redundant question..?

So yeh.. of course! There are workshops, performances, masterclasses.. the artists just walk around after their gig, and we make sure we invite only the ones that are Nice Enough To Talk To Other Nice People.

Check the Bass Day UK Myspace link below for little clips and pics from last year!