Why become a member? ×

Newcastle Guitar Show

wateroftyne

Hello from the car park of The Newcastle Guitar show.

Just spent 30 mins wondering round. 100's of guitars of all decscriptions and all prices.

...and about 10 basses, mostly dull.

No bass gear, either.

A fiver to get in, too. I demand a refund.

Edited by wateroftyne

There was an effort of a guitar show 4 or 5 years back in Brighton ... promises to the trade stands of having XXXXX amount of people passing through the door and rumour has it, about 100 people showed over the course of the whole day . The sh*t hit the proverbial fan lol

Edited by NickThomas

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='153846' date='Mar 9 2008, 11:07 AM']Ah.. it's rammed here, and will be all day, but can't help thinking 20% of the people are despondent bass players...[/quote]

Thanks for the heads-up, will give it a miss!

Simon.

Guitar shows are always the same. i was at the London Guitar show last year and it was pretty crap for Bassists - a room had been set aside but they only had a markbass rig that nigel clutterbuck was hogging. I'd have given it a miss if I hadn't been down there for Stanley's gig anyway.

Go to bass day in manchester instead. It's a brilliant day out (and they're not paying me to say that).