Why become a member? ×

Good bass mags?

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='154209' date='Mar 9 2008, 09:36 PM']Bass Guitar Magazine is the best in my opinion.[/quote]
Hmmmmm :)

There isn't much choice to be honest. I think [url="http://www.bassguitarmagazine.com"]Bass Guitar Magazine[/url] is the only UK based one and which most people here seem to like.

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='154221' date='Mar 9 2008, 09:55 PM']I wasn't being sarcastic! I genuinley think its the best out there. It could be better, but it doesn't annoy me like that US one that clogs up newsagents.[/quote]

Ok - I believe you :)

I don't like the US one much either because I can't get on with the different "style" of US mags in general. It's a cultural thing I guess. I hate it when US mags split an article that reaches the end of a page and then they direct you to the rest of the article that's 40 pages away at the end of tha mag.

I always read the US Bass Player magazine. I have it on subscription which works out a lot cheaper, especially with the £/$ rate. It also saves me going to WH Smith and being disappointed when the new issue hasn't come out yet.

I've been reading it since about 1991 (I think), when Billy Sheehan was on the cover. Always interesting interviews and worth reading if you've never heard of them, I always tend to learn something new.

Gear reviews are fine (could do with a few more) and remember as well there's the bassplayer.tv website as well.

I've read BGM, but just didn't like it as much as BP.

[quote name='BOD2' post='154223' date='Mar 9 2008, 09:58 PM']I hate it when US mags split an article that reaches the end of a page and then they direct you to the rest of the article that's 40 pages away at the end of tha mag.[/quote]

Yes! That really grinds my gears too. Especially when there's pages and pages of adverts in the middle. :)

[quote name='7string' post='154250' date='Mar 9 2008, 10:35 PM']...and when you get lots of the little "subscribe now" postcards in between the pages[/quote]

And you can't use them because they're freepost within the US only....

[quote name='s_u_y_*' post='154246' date='Mar 9 2008, 10:33 PM']...Especially when there's pages and pages of adverts in the middle. :)[/quote]

And even the adverts are useless because they're for US gear in US shops with US prices.

Apart from that it's a good enough mag :huh: