Why become a member? ×

Anyone catch the Funkadelic doc over the weekend?

molan

I spotted another thread that mentioned the Motown shows on BBC4 this weekend but just wondered if anyone also saw the Parliafunkadelicmentthang show that ran as part of the season as well?

"Aaaaw we want the funk, gotta have that funk"

Bootsy is the man!

[quote name='The Funk' post='154314' date='Mar 10 2008, 01:13 AM']Nooooo! I missed it![/quote]

I'm not sure if it's repeated anywhere, I recorded it on Sky+ so not even sure when it was actually broadcast other than it was some time over the weekend.

They talked about Bootsy and the whole concept of "The One" but it was very much about Clinton's role rather than Bootsy, Bernie Worrell, Maceo etc. They all got good mentions though.

They did say that Bootsy was fired from James Brown's band (possibly for drug taking) but when he walked he took Catfish, Maceo, Fred Wesley etc. with him so JB was the one who lost out there then!

I think it was a different prog but there was something on late on BBC4 Sat night which was about the Motown Funk Bros (Jamerson et al) which was quite good. OOps , edit, just seen the other thread about that very prog!

Edited by KevB