Why become a member? ×

Follow up...

Danbass7

Im sat in college trying to avoid coursework so i thought id write a follow up to my recording tips thread and an explanation of the band's situation now

:)

Right so heres the score

Just after we booked the dates for recording, we parted ways with our guitarist who was impossible to work with. Our reviews at the time were pretty much stating that we sounded like killswitch engage / machine head.

Anywho .. the recording didnt happen as we broke up soon after this and went on a break and I felt pretty bummed about the whole situation.

So, last Tuesday the drummer, one remaining guitarist and I went for a jam in a local studio and some kind of magic happened. We wrote a 4 minute song which completely pisses on everything we had done before and has the sound of old school Metallica but in straight D.

After being completely blown away with this practice, we decided that waiting for the next tuesday wasnt an option so we went back to the practice studio on the friday. After 20 minutes of playing old stuff including the song from the tuesday before, we started jamming a riff that in an hours time would be another awesome song.

I never thought it would be the case, but a break was the best thing to happen to us and are now forming a fresh band with a new lead guitarist and vocalist . Were now left looking for a vocalist (Swindon) who is influenced by old school thrash/metal/hardcore.

And now, we are finally going into the studio during mid April !

Cheers to everyone who has given their advice, im looking forward to putting it into practice.

Dan

[quote name='Danbass7' post='154503' date='Mar 10 2008, 01:22 PM']Just after we booked the dates for recording, we parted ways with our guitarist who was impossible to work with. Our reviews at the time were pretty much stating that we sounded like killswitch engage / machine head

. ...

Cheers to everyone who has given their advice, im looking forward to putting it into practice.

Dan[/quote]

Yay, sounds like losing that guitarist was the best thing that could have happened. Hope the session goes well!