Why become a member? ×

First time playing with other people in 5 months...

KevB

I could practically smell the rust...at least the chap who organised the jam session made a point of letting the audience know I was on the look out for a new band which was very decent of him. They're always a bit cliquey these things from past experience but I'll give it a few more sessions in the coming weeks and see if I get any work from it. As they are on Sundays I expect there will be one I won't be at in the next few weeks :)
The only slightly annoying thing was that on a couple of occasions guitarists who turned up then filled in as bass players. I have no qualms about this if it wasn't for the fact I actually knew the songs they were being very approximate with and even out of practice could have made a better job of (and I'm not a hot player by any shakes) but I was hanging around like a spare part. It's all about *who* you know at these things. At least I got to play 3 songs after a 3 hour wait.

[quote name='KevB' post='154733' date='Mar 10 2008, 05:31 PM']The only slightly annoying thing was that on a couple of occasions guitarists who turned up then filled in as bass players. I have no qualms about this if it wasn't for the fact I actually knew the songs they were being very approximate with and even out of practice could have made a better job of (and I'm not a hot player by any shakes) but I was hanging around like a spare part. It's all about *who* you know at these things. At least I got to play 3 songs after a 3 hour wait.[/quote]

I thought everyone knew that Guitarists can play any bassline better, faster, stronger than any bassist :)