Why become a member? ×

FS: NS Design NXT 4-string EUB in mint condition £600

[u][b]For Sale[/b][/u]

My "as new" NS Design EUB, bought a little over a year ago and played at home on only a handful of occasions. It's a shame to see this wonderful instrument unplayed and I would rather invest in a 5-string electric bass which I will use every day.

These basses still retail at £899 (Digital Village) and this one is in mint condition - there's not a scratch on it. Included are the tripod, original branded NS Design soft case and allen-key. [b]I'm offering this bass for sale for £600[/b]. I'm happy to listen to offers, but please make them sensible!

[b]Please PM me if you're interested. I'm based in West London, so if you're local and would like to see the bass, I'm sure we could arrange something. Otherwise I'd be willing to ship, though postage would need to be covered.[/b]

Thanks for reading,

John

[u][b]Here's some info about the instrument: [/b][/u]

NS Design NXT-4 4-String Electric Upright Double Bass, Solid Maple Body and Neck, Ebony Fingerboard, Black Stain.

The NS Design NXT-4 Double Bass opens up a new horizon for the serious bassist looking to play a great instrument on a limited budget. These new instruments, crafted in the Czech Republic by the makers of the renowned CR Series, exemplify flawless workmanship at an incredible value.

Pizzicato and arco techniques have almost unlimited expressive potential, thanks to the Polar Pickup System. A convenient switch allows selection of the traditional arco mode for percussive attack and dynamic bowed response, or pizzicato mode for a smooth, sustained tone.

Equipped with single volume and tone controls, the passive electronics deliver unlimited overhead for the ultimate sound without cumbersome batteries.

The solid maple body and neck, together with the graduated ebony fingerboard, deliver a rich, full tone that rings true for every note. Asymmetrical fingerboard relief facilitates an even 'growl' from the higher strings and a clear, powerful lower register.

The adjustable bridge and truss rod allow for low, fast action, or for higher string settings that encourage the traditional acoustic player to \'dig in\' with gusto.

NS Electric Strings and most traditional acoustic strings fit all NS Double Basses, allowing the player to select from a wide range, each with a unique sound a feel. In combination with the easy adjustment of basic set-up parameters, the NS Design NXT-4 Bass is adaptable to many different styles of music.

The NS Design NXT-4 bass brings world-class design and craftsmanship to a surprisingly affordable price range. With a visual appearance as striking as its sound, the roadworthy NS Design NXT-4 is an exciting and reliable partner for the most demanding performance career.

NS Design NXT-4 main features include:

Electric Upright Bass with Polar Pickup System
Switch for arco- and pizzicato-mode
Volume- and tone-control
Passive electronics
Maple neck and body
Ebony fingerboard
Adjustable bridge and truss rod
Includes soft cover and tripod stand

Edited by johnthebassist

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any interest in this? http://basschat.co.uk/topic/157848-price-drop-fsft-non-export-japanese-precision-pb62-us-3ts/#entry1404035

Only 4 strings but worth asking.

Have a bump for a lovely EUB!

Edited by benthos

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...