Why become a member? ×

Did anyone ever tape the musicians channel??

Jamesemt

[quote name='barneythedog' post='156101' date='Mar 12 2008, 03:52 PM']being repeated in the mornings as we speak on "rockworld" sly channel 368.

Well - to be precise they're currently running the recorder, guitar and drum lessons. Not seen the bass or vocal ones as yet.[/quote]

Cheers err Barney, worth keeping a lookout

The Bass lessons on Rockworld TV were on in January, to be honest they wer'nt the best as it had some rock chick with him that constantly interrupted him when he was doing his demo everytime he went over 20bpm to ask him to slow down. She was asking him about what the knobs on the bass do. Bit of a head wrecker.
I have 5 of them recorded on my sky box and there was nothing to do with slapping in particular just intro , chords, scales etc. all quite basic mind you.

[quote name='Low End' post='156125' date='Mar 12 2008, 04:04 PM']The Bass lessons on Rockworld TV were on in January, to be honest they wer'nt the best as it had some rock chick with him that constantly interrupted him when he was doing his demo everytime he went over 20bpm to ask him to slow down. She was asking him about what the knobs on the bass do. Bit of a head wrecker.
I have 5 of them recorded on my sky box and there was nothing to do with slapping in particular just intro , chords, scales etc. all quite basic mind you.[/quote]

There were a couple of different series on the musicians channel. The series I saw had some beardy bloke being taught to play bass. There was definately slap involved!!

[quote name='Jamesemt' post='155931' date='Mar 12 2008, 12:49 PM']Was there much useful information?[/quote]

In a word, no. The "lessons" were quite entertaining in a Beavis & Butthead-type way.

I once sat there laughing with some other musicians while we watched a guy explain to the half-attractive half-wit presenter how to plug a microphone cable into a microphone... for half an hour!

[quote name='Jamesemt' post='156135' date='Mar 12 2008, 04:08 PM']There were a couple of different series on the musicians channel. The series I saw had some beardy bloke being taught to play bass. There was definately slap involved!![/quote]

Beardy bloke? Must have missed that. I only remember the vaguely attractive but not really bimbette they had.

[quote name='The Funk' post='156140' date='Mar 12 2008, 04:09 PM']In a word, no. The "lessons" were quite entertaining in a Beavis & Butthead-type way.[/quote]
:) I couldn't put it better myself. I just left it on for entertainment value. Also because the guy doing the bass lessons was left handed, but was playing a right handed bass in standard tuning, and I thought that was pretty cool. Also, I love the adverts for the bass lessons with the teacher doing some very tasteful tapping.

[quote name='allighatt0r' post='156226' date='Mar 12 2008, 05:44 PM']There was another one if i remember rightly "10 Easy Steps Bass"

The teacher was Pat Hughes I think

Very nice 75 jazz reissue

He did do some slap lessons[/quote]

He seemed to be pretty clued up and keen- the other guy who did some lessons on a MusicMan seemed to not so well prepared.

[quote name='s_u_y_*' post='156255' date='Mar 12 2008, 06:40 PM']:) I couldn't put it better myself. I just left it on for entertainment value. Also because the guy doing the bass lessons was left handed, but was playing a right handed bass in standard tuning, and I thought that was pretty cool. Also, I love the adverts for the bass lessons with the teacher doing some very tasteful tapping.[/quote]

Wasn't Terry Gregory was it?

[quote name='barneythedog' post='156405' date='Mar 12 2008, 11:26 PM']I think some of the criticism is a bit harsh.

The Pat Hughes series of lessons weren't bad - he was fairly on the ball, and his series was with presenter Adam Payne (??) not some rock chick.[/quote]

must be thinking of a different series of lessons. the ones i saw [i]deffinitly[/i] weren't presented by a bloke...