Why become a member? ×

valuation help needed

damas

hi i wondered if anyone could help me put a value to a schecter robert de leo signature bass as i am thinking of selling.It was imported from the states in about 2002 it is an active bass with emg p-j pick-ups and also has the schecter diamond series lockable hardcase.I know they no longer make this model and i personally got it imported.Will try to get some pics up later of this great bass but just wanted to know what a fair price would be.It has never been gigged and i would say in mint condition.Any help would be gratefully appreciated

[quote name='damas' post='1358867' date='Sep 1 2011, 03:06 PM']hi i wondered if anyone could help me put a value to a schecter robert de leo signature bass as i am thinking of selling.It was imported from the states in about 2002 it is an active bass with emg p-j pick-ups and also has the schecter diamond series lockable hardcase.I know they no longer make this model and i personally got it imported.Will try to get some pics up later of this great bass but just wanted to know what a fair price would be.It has never been gigged and i would say in mint condition.Any help would be gratefully appreciated[/quote]
I was after one of these for years and therefore I know that these never come up... like [b]never[/b]. Since I was looking for one, about 5 other seekers have come after me on here and still one has never turned up (in the end I just built myself one). I've even had a continual ebay search running this whole time. A lefty came up on the bay a couple of months ago and that's it.
I say rather than ask a fixed price for it, put it on ebay because you may get more than you think for it because of it's absolute rarity value.

[quote name='damas' post='1359256' date='Sep 1 2011, 09:25 PM']thanks for your input m8 must sort that camera out and get some pics sorted.Just out of interest you don,t know how much the leftie went for?[/quote]
Sorry I don't.
I don't expect that it fetched too much seeing as the relative amount of potential buyers would have been low... unlike a right hander.

• 5 years later...

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1496827128' post='3314051']

Thank you. There was me thinking it had been listed by the same person.

It's a really old thread though.
[/quote]

Was a link to a valuation.. should​ have made myself clearer.. generally from what I can see they go for about £250 to £400

To clear any confusion up regarding this bass, yes the valuation thread was posted a long time ago but read thread 4 by 0u7shined. This is an ORIGINAL model t that has ACTIVE EMG pickups and has the Robert De Leo signature on rear of headstock. All the ones I have seen sold on here are later passive ones with differant pickups and without the signature.I did read somewhere that schecters custom shop will build to this original spec as it used better components hence his name being on it as you are only going to put your name to something you are proud of and why is it not on later ones? So I see this as a very rare bass (again see post 4) and am quite happy to keep it but it is such a waste when it could be with someone who would play it.