Why become a member? ×

GAK

Buxx

They are good, but if you [i]NEED[/i] something. always check stock over the phone with them. I have waited a month before giving up on something that I ordered online. Just kept getting told (after I chased them up) that it would be another 5 - 7 days...

[quote]best of all the on-line retailers in my experience. certainly way better than Thoman[/quote]

'Thomann'

Every time I read unqualified and broad brush statements like this I wince.

I've had a great many dealings with Thomann and they have all been exemplary, basically couldn't have possibly been better. This includes warranty returns of gear. It's not just my good fortune I'm sure.

I know all companies get it wrong sometimes but my experience and that of many others dispels your statement.

I've had one dealing with GAK, ordered something online and it wasn't in stock. I'm sure they're great most of the time.

The impact of sweeping statements on business in a forum such as this can be immense especially for the smaller businesses so I'd ask that we consider our damning statement before blasting them into the internet bass community.

No I don't work for Thomann.

Peter

I've had no problems, ordered a few pedals and misc bits alongside ordering a Epi T-bird and a Squier VMJ, everything was quick, well packaged, in stock blah blah.

Good prices as well.

Can't say anything about Customer Service as I've not had any problems!

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='157898' date='Mar 15 2008, 11:12 AM']'Thomann'

I've had a great many dealings with Thomann and they have all been exemplary, basically couldn't have possibly been better. This includes warranty returns of gear. It's not just my good fortune I'm sure.

I know all companies get it wrong sometimes but my experience and that of many others dispels your statement.

I've had one dealing with GAK, ordered something online and it wasn't in stock. I'm sure they're great most of the time.

The impact of sweeping statements on business in a forum such as this can be immense especially for the smaller businesses so I'd ask that we consider our damning statement before blasting them into the internet bass community.

Peter[/quote]

+1 to that.

Never dealt with GAK though.

Pete.

[quote name='rhymes' post='157897' date='Mar 15 2008, 11:11 AM']but if you [i]NEED[/i] something. always check stock over the phone with them. I have waited a month before giving up on something that I ordered online. Just kept getting told (after I chased them up) that it would be another 5 - 7 days...[/quote]

I had a similar experience. That really put me off them.

[quote name='s_u_y_*' post='157957' date='Mar 15 2008, 01:21 PM']I had a similar experience. That really put me off them.[/quote]

So did I -- I was strung along for more than two weeks, they kept emailing me with new estimate shipping dates, though the products (a pair of Yamaha HS-50M) were listed as being in stock on the website. They even told me that the delivery lorry had an accident, etc etc. Eventually I cancelled the order and got them cheaper in Denmark St (shock horror!).

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='157898' date='Mar 15 2008, 11:12 AM']'Thomann'

Peter[/quote]

re. Thomann - I have to agree with Peter on this one!

Bought various bits from them (orders generally under £100) inc a recent order for some Thomastik strings and they arrived 3 days after placing the on-line order.

Not bought from GAK as I've generally found cheaper elsewhere.