Why become a member? ×

Double Bass String Survey

daflewis

Well,
The survey is finally ready! It's taken a fair bit longer that i thought, but i think it will be worthwhile! I'd really appreciate your opinions.

The questions are about what setup(s) you currently use and what you like/would like from a string, and there's a chance to add any comments at the end... dangerous.... :)

If there's anything that's not clear, please let me know.

I've also been allocated 5 sets of Innovation strings to give away as a thank you for filling in the survey (the type of your choice) so I'll do five draws over the following months.

Thankyou so much in advance!

Cheers,
Daf

[url="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGxUbzNOWXR6QWxwb21RempXSmRIYlE6MQ"]Daf's Double Bass String Survey[/url]

By the way, if you have any (other!) problems or you think anything isn't clear or something is missing, please let me know. Ta.

Edited by daflewis

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' post='1362658' date='Sep 5 2011, 10:23 AM']Another one completed.
Cheers,
Martin[/quote]

Great! thanks Martin - and thanks to everyone else who's completed it so far!

I'll put up a summary of the best bits when I've got a bit more info if everyone's interested....

Cheers,
Daf

[quote name='daflewis' post='1370019' date='Sep 12 2011, 12:22 AM']Once again thank you to everyone - up to about 30 responses so far and lots of great ideas and info - [b]and please don't be afraid to make negative comments[/b] - they can often be the most important ones! :)[/quote]
I honestly couldn't think of any... I was trying for constructive criticism but found there wasn't any I could offer...

...and another :-)

[quote name='jakesbass' post='1370092' date='Sep 12 2011, 08:47 AM']I honestly couldn't think of any... I was trying for constructive criticism but found there wasn't any I could offer...[/quote]
Likewise. Possibly a slightly heavier set to try, but as an experiment rather than any real need. I became an endorsee for Innovation, but only well after choosing to use them for myself.
Good on you Daf, IMHO the only thing that Innovation/Picato lack is brand awareness; I believe Strings and Things, the parent company, are finally having more of a look at this.