Why become a member? ×

Is it worth trying to sell cheap basses on this site?

alicedear

Hi all.
I've just been introduced to Basschat, and after looking at the For Sale section, I wonder if it's worth trying to sell a couple of basses I have in my possession on here or not. They belong to a New Zealander who's gone back home and asked me to sell his gear if I can: an Epiphone EB3 and a five string Vintage V950B, neither of which is going to get pulses racing. Having tried all local sources I'm a bit stuck-and I'm not going to register on e-bay just to get rid of someone else's gear.
Any thoughts appreciated.

[quote name='alicedear' post='158452' date='Mar 16 2008, 05:01 PM']Hi all.
I've just been introduced to Basschat, and after looking at the For Sale section, I wonder if it's worth trying to sell a couple of basses I have in my possession on here or not. They belong to a New Zealander who's gone back home and asked me to sell his gear if I can: an Epiphone EB3 and a five string Vintage V950B, neither of which is going to get pulses racing. Having tried all local sources I'm a bit stuck-and I'm not going to register on e-bay just to get rid of someone else's gear.
Any thoughts appreciated.[/quote]

you have a strange definition of "cheap"

I just bought a V950B via this forum two months ago and I certainly do not consider the bass to be cheap... neither do I consider an Epi EB3 to be cheap...

a "cheap" bass to me is an Encore or other made in China starter bass... something you [b]would[/b] have a hard time shifting in here... it would be easier to shift one of those by just taking it round to cack-converters (or similar)... and taking whatever you can haggle them up to...

ps. It's considered polite to fill out your personal profile

[quote name='Paul Cooke' post='158468' date='Mar 16 2008, 05:28 PM']you have a strange definition of "cheap"

I just bought a V950B via this forum two months ago and I certainly do not consider the bass to be cheap... neither do I consider an Epi EB3 to be cheap...

a "cheap" bass to me is an Encore or other made in China starter bass... something you [b]would[/b] have a hard time shifting in here... it would be easier to shift one of those by just taking it round to cack-converters (or similar)... and taking whatever you can haggle them up to...

ps. It's considered polite to fill out your personal profile[/quote]
Gosh-I didn't expect so many answers so quickly! Thanks! I said 'cheap' because the items for sale I browsed through seemed far more exotic than my Kiwi friends'; perhaps I just didn't delve deeply enough!
As for the profile-yes, of course I will, but having only registered yesterday and then spent a rainy day having to entertain my young daughter, I never got any further than signing up!

[quote name='alicedear' post='158744' date='Mar 17 2008, 06:57 AM']As for the profile-yes, of course I will, but having only registered yesterday and then spent a rainy day having to entertain my young daughter, I never got any further than signing up![/quote]

ah... you have one of those... they destroy free time... but in an enjoyable way (except clearing up after them)

both mine are grown up now... 23 & 20 this year... the eldest has two little ones... ah, payback is sweet...