Why become a member? ×

Funk & Disco Bass Lines

E_MaN

I love funk and disco, its great, gets your booty shaking like nothing else! However, I've just realised I don't know that many songs, just a couple of Jamiroquai tunes.

So can any of you recommend me some good bass lines and songs so I can build up a great collection of songs to get my groove on to?!?!?

[quote name='E_MaN' post='158473' date='Mar 16 2008, 05:43 PM']I love funk and disco, its great, gets your booty shaking like nothing else! However, I've just realised I don't know that many songs, just a couple of Jamiroquai tunes.

So can any of you recommend me some good bass lines and songs so I can build up a great collection of songs to get my groove on to?!?!?[/quote]

Hey E_MaN,

I also love funk and disco stuff. Try these tunes:

Carwash - Rose Royce
Lady Marmalade - Labelle
I Wish - Stevie Wonder
Street Life - Crusaders
Boogie Nites - Heat Wave
Somebody Else's Guy - Jocelyn Brown
Boogie Wonderland - Earth Wind & Fire

There's a transcription of Somebody Else's Guy on my website - www.stuartclayton.com follow the media link.

Cheers
Stuart

Blame it on the Boogie (Awesome Bassline!!), Can you feel it by The Jacksons
Disco Inferno - The Tramps
Anything by Chic or Earth,Wind and Fire
Get Down Tonight , That's the way I like it - KC and the Sunshine Band
most of Hot Chocolate's greatest Hits

Edited by sticker

Yes they're all good. You can hear my band playing a few, both demo and live, [url="http://www.phatmedallion.co.uk/sounds.html"]here[/url].

I've been in this band seven years and I never tire of playing these basslines, and luckily the audience never tire of them either!
Gareth

PS Forgive the backing vox on some of the live trax - extra backing singers brought in for that gig and they hadn't sorted their harmonies totally :)

Edited by walbassist