#1 skampino

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:43 PM

Hi all,
My band are covering Duran Duran's Planet Earth. I know I won't get an exact sound but would like to get as near as possible. What sort of settings should I aim for on bass and amp?
I use a Sterling bass by Musicman and Markbass head with a Schroder cab.

Cheers for any help.
It's not what you know or how competent you are; what makes a good teacher is having the ability to pass on that knowledge to make others competent.

#2 Lozz196

Basschat Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:06 AM

JTs tone was quite middy, but not harsh, so assuming flat is 5 on each control, choose bass 4, low & hi mids on 6, treble on 4, as a starting area on the amp. Keep it flat on the bass until you`re "there" then tweak if necessary. It will prob not sound great on it`s own, but once the band is going, that`s when it should sound right for what you`re after.
Fender & Squier Basses, Markbass Amplification, Boss/Tech21 Pedals, OBBM Cables, Rotosound Strings
My Feedback http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry1802027

Knock Off - Next Gig Sat 30 Aug 2014 - DE1 Music Festival @ The Sitwell Tavern, Derby DE1 2JT
https://knockoff.wix.com/knockoff

#3 Dave Vader

post-womble-deathcore hoedowns

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Interests:are things which interest you

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:23 AM

We do this, I play it on a P-bass, with flats, and a bit of a mid bump on the amp. Sounds good enough to me, though is nothing like what JT did.
Mids are probably what you're going to need though, bump 'em up, like Lozz said.
Solo-never-ending-crazy-twat-project Plastic Squirrel

Currently playing bass for Carnivala!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users