Why become a member? ×

Basses long gone.............

Rayman

I thought it might be fun to post pics of all the basses I've had, but sold/traded on.

I don't have any of these anymore, but wish I'd still got most of them:

Yamaha BB1100S:

Epiphone Thunderbird:

80s Yamaha BB3000S:

70s Ibanez Precision:

Fender Precision Deluxe:

Lakland Skyline JO4:

70s Yamaha BB400S Fretless:

Daughter (still got her) holding Modded MIM Fender Precision:

Wish I still had 'em all.

What do you wish you'd kept?

Only ever sold one bass, a Squier Jazz. Not bothered really, nice looker, Barts and preamp, but I didn't engage with it. Bought it on eBay with the intention of butchering it for parts, had an attack of soft and couldn't go through with it. Didn't lose any money when I sold it on, so no harm done.

An '86 black Aria Pro II SB Elite I (like Cliff Burtons with the funky fret markers). Bought for £375, sold for £550 in 2005. Though I've got a cracking modded Geddy Lee now and the lack of a forearm chamfer on the Aria left my arm red raw after sweaty gigs! Wouldn't mind it back to hang on the wall though! It went to Italy, god bless the 'bay!

[b]RIP fella![/b]

Edited by johnnylager

I wouldn't have minded keeping hold of the ones I bought in the 70s. My first (well, after the cheapies I first learned on) was a (1974) Rickenbacker 4001 black. I Had another in 78, which I got via a p/x - in cherry sunburst. I only remember buying brand new, a Precision, natural with a black scratchplate. Cost £275 from Norman Hackett's in Reading. In the dying days of the 70s I bought new (with my first student grant cheque), an Aria Superbass Pro-II 900. It had one pick-up, and a through neck. It was so beautiful in natural wood, I brought it in to uni when we were doing design critiques. Sadly it got nicked in a home burgulary 12 years later.

Is there a forum section on BC for Gear Reunited? I'm wondering if old serial numbers can be matched up, and histories established.

Last week, I went in to a Leeds shop and saw a Peavey stack (head, 2x10, 1x15). I recognised it as once being mine. It was unique, because I had it from about 1980 in Reading, as a combo, and had it chopped in to a stack, with flight case edging & grills, by a one-man gear shop in Scarborough in 1995! I can't recall how and when I sold it though, but it was probably in the late 90s.

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='159015' date='Mar 17 2008, 04:30 PM']A nice set of ex's and a very sweet looking daughter.

I don't think I could remember all mine and my daughter's a bit older, like 25![/quote]

Ha ha, yeah she was only maybe 3 there, she's 7 now.

[quote name='mikeh' post='159120' date='Mar 17 2008, 07:18 PM']This is the only bass I wish I still had.

[/quote]

But are you missing the Profet 4 now thats the question Mike :)

Edited by Josh

[quote name='mikeh' post='159159' date='Mar 17 2008, 08:07 PM']lol That was a cracking amp, sounded huge with the 4x12". I think the Epifani and Aguilar comination I have now quench any amp regrets or GAS I may have....[/quote]

It looks quite insignificant sat on the far side of my room glaring at the Eden rig :)

A brace of Shergold Marathons. My first basses & now all growed up & left the nest - OK I sold them to slavery :)

[attachment=6572:Shergolds.jpg]

Both originally black then the fretted got the silverburst respray followed by an 8 string neck.

Can't find a single photo of my old Aria SB100. Shame

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='159270' date='Mar 17 2008, 10:29 PM']I've sold & traded loads over the years, but this is the one I'll always regret, after owning it for 16 years...

[/quote]

It must have hurt hard, even the dog looks sad!

I still have a bit of a soft spot for my Precision and for the Hayman 40/40. If someone offered me the Precision again, I'd pay them £150 for it, and I'd pay £100 for the Hayman. So I would imagine it's unlikely that anyone would ever offer them back to me... :)

Haven't really missed any of the other basses, though I think I perhaps could have made more money on That Ebay from them than I did (that's where most of my basses have been sold).