Why become a member? ×

New Basschat Features

ped

Hi guys

Welcome to the new version of everyone's favourite bass guitar website. Ever since we started this site we have endeavoured to bring you the best features we can offer to make the forum as strong as possible.

Here's a few of the main new features, apart from the new skin:[list]
[*]All new PMs will be organised by thread - sort of like Facebook messages. You can then invite members to existing threads.
[*]Reputation system
[*]Revamped search engine
[*]Content sharing via social media buttons
[*]Facebook/Twitter login
[*]Mobile site for your smartphone - faster and better access to message board including PMs
[*]A shop for Basschat merch!
[/list]
We all hope you enjoy the new features. I'm sure some issues will crop up so please let us know on the site issues forum if you discover anything or need some help.

We're still converting posts and PMs. Some old posts will be unformatted and some of your old PMs will be unavailable. Normal service should resume in a couple of days!

I would also like to thank Ben for all his hard work on the site. Brilliant work, thanks!

Enjoy

ped and Kiwi

I've been away from the house all day in an area where I get no internet or phone signal on my phone, get back in & turn on the Mac to find this. & a pleasant surprise it is too. :)

Never been on Facebook for yonks, so never got any idea that this was going ahead either!

Thanks, I'm glad you like the update. I'm having a house party at the moment so it's quite a strange one for me, too. Lots of work has gone into the site, and we hope it makes the community stronger and better in months to come.

We didn't really announce the new software change because it's been a work in progress for a long time which suddenly became a reality in a short space of time and we just wanted to get it up and rolling.

Cheers
ped

[quote name='Mog' timestamp='1316302070' post='1376441']
WTF? I'm on New Zealand time and completely missed the change. Looks great lads, fair play.
[/quote]

Thanks! Have a good poke around and get used to the new site - I think you'll like it :)

ped

[quote name='escholl' timestamp='1316302125' post='1376443']
i seem to have lost all of the information that was on my profile? not a big deal -- just a list (to myself) of all the gear i fancied, would be nice to get it back though :)

other than that, looks great!
[/quote]

Perhaps Ben can help with that... should all be there... maybe it was too explicit for the new software!

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1316302189' post='1376445']

Perhaps Ben can help with that... should all be there... maybe it was too explicit for the new software!
[/quote]
haha, perhaps it was as I've just kept adding stuff to it over the years! :)

should have backed it up somewhere else really but, oh well. :)

Wow. I love this. It sure is nifty!

Congratulations to the guys, I'm a big fan of what I've seen already. Will all old PMs be coming back at some point? I was keeping them as a personal record of transactions etc.

Would love to see some more stuff in the shop, as I mentioned on the t-shirt thread, I'll be the first to invest in some BC sweatbands (long and short style) should they become possible.

Thanks for all of your work guys, time to go and seek out my first political argument in the new OT :)

Edited by dc2009

Just a note, some of the emoticons that were in previous posts before the change over are now appearing as a red cross with the name of the icon next to it. I guess the old ones couldn't be transferred over, no biggie at least they seem to work in this new version. :o :) :) :) B) :lol: :P ;) :o :o

oh and one other thing... there doesn't seem to be a preview message feature before posting, I used to use it a lot to make sure my spelling was right or that the pics show as intended.

oh and another another thing... will the [you tube]...... [/you tube] still work?

I like that now there is an ignore feature too, so I can silence that one prat that annoys me after all. haha. Ony one mind you everyone else seem to be nice people except that one prat LOL