Why become a member? ×

New Basschat Features

ped

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1316290277' post='1376413'][list]
[*]Mobile site for your smartphone - faster and better access to message board including PMs
[/list]
[/quote]

Great, cos I don't already spend too much time on here. That's just really inconsiderate of you.

p.s. it's looking awesome, well done and thankyou :)

Edit: a pretty pedantic problem i think, but for some reason the quotes on[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/145122-new-events-forum/"] this thread [/url]don't seem to be behaving. Just thought I'd point it out incase it shows something underlying...

Edited by ZMech

I hate change, sorry I'm old :)
I've just replied to a pm and it hasn't updated so I can see whether its gone or not. Why replace 'messages' with an envelope? You going down the bill gates route? "why leave it easy to use when we can make it more difficult? "

I'm 65 and havent got enough life left to search for things any more, just my opinion of course :)

Cheers, O!

You can't check preferences on an iPhone (which is a shame - can this be changed?) so I'll have a look when I fire the laptop up later.

Also - another 'feature': When you click on a thread on the mobile site, there doesn't seem to be a way to go straight to the latest post. If there's a few pages you have to click through them all...

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1316325669' post='1376503']
Cheers, O!

You can't check preferences on an iPhone (which is a shame - can this be changed?) so I'll have a look when I fire the laptop up later.

Also - another 'feature': When you click on a thread on the mobile site, there doesn't seem to be a way to go straight to the latest post. If there's a few pages you have to click through them all...
[/quote]

Agreed!

Mobile version is very limited. No way to select a page in a thread either, so if theres a 20 page thread, not only can you not jump to the last one, but you have to click 'Next Page' 20 times! :)

Hopefully that'll change when the desk top site is all sorted... I use BC on my iPhone about 95% of the time!

Shep

Desktop site is however looking UBER swish guys!

[quote name='GreeneKing' timestamp='1316330279' post='1376519']
I like the clean new look so thank you for the effort that's been put in.

My No 1 link is always 'New Posts' and I can't find it, can anyone help me here?

Peter
[/quote]
Took me a while as well, but it seems to be "View New Content" up at the top right under the search.

Most impressive though, liking the new layout.

[quote name='BottomEndian' timestamp='1316329288' post='1376515']
Where is this mobile version of which you speak, gents? I'm on my Android phone (HTC Sensation) and it just loads the full site.
[/quote]

Well last night I was getting a very limited mobile site. Today I'm getting the 'Board Offline' page on my iphone, despite refreshing, deleting cookies, clearing the cache etc all I get is the offline page on the old layout format... odd. I'm posting here on my Mac so it's clearly not offline!

Really good update lads. Looks fresh. I know how much thought and hard work goes in to stuff like this.

My only constructive feedback is not sure about the app which seems to be getting pasted in reviews. Looks to have limited functionality but will persevere and can always use Safari.

Cheers, rich

Morning guys

I'll try and answer everything I can today so thanks for all the comments so far and bear with us in the niggles.

To jump to the first unread post, press the blob to the left of the topic title.

The mobIle app will be recoloured to fit the scheme soon.

Notifications are off by default, have a look in settings where you can choose different types. The notifications alert will tell you when a topic you have followed is updated.

I use the 'view new cintent' tab to see what's new and it's really handy to have the extra options there like 'topics I have posted in'.

Cheers
ped

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1316325669' post='1376503']
Cheers, O!

[/quote]