Why become a member? ×

New Basschat Features

ped

[quote name='ficelles' timestamp='1319981035' post='1420740']
Not having a good experience with this forum at the moment... need to press the "back" button 2-3 times to get out of a page and the behaviour of arrow keys etc in edit is bizarre to say the least. Just put in a one line post and the laptop nearly had to have a flying lesson...

Is it just me? New "vanilla" W7 + IE9 installion...
[/quote]

I had that as well in IE8.

I suspected it was the 'facebook' plugin so I edited my hosts file to point facebook.com at 127.0.0.1 and the problem went away.
Obviously this workaround means that all access to facebook is suspended.

EDIT: I had the same problem with the Channel 4 website as well.

Edited by icastle

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Fuzzbass2000' timestamp='1319981121' post='1420742']
Hi - any news on iPhone/mobile version of Basschat? (Did a quick search - but might have missed an earlier update on this).

Many thanks
[/quote]

The mobile version was looked at last night and I expect to have some news on it soon. We just installed the patch update so a few things might be a little different. The main thing is to get the 'first unread post' buttons back...

Cheers

• 1 month later...

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1323691357' post='1465769']
Ill give it a try

EDIT: Cant see how to do it now. Using FF8 and IE9 (both normal and compatability mode)
[/quote]

I can see the button in PMs but not in normal threads now. All I see are the "Report - Edit - MultiQuote - Quote" buttons. Weird eh.

Edited by Ou7shined

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1323693879' post='1465826']
Yeah, I'm not happy about that. I like to delete my bumps in my for sale threads... don't like to leave a mess!

I hope this feature comes back very soon (hint hint)
[/quote]

I really like that idea.

Stolen with thanks :)

Oh!

I just deleted a post and it came up with a box say something like the post was deleted but not deleted and that mods can still read it and there was an area in the box which seemed to require me to type something in it.

Can we have this new extruded process explained please? :)

What was wrong with the old "delete it and be done with it" button? :)

According to the stats, nothing has been deleted since we turned on the new forum board, and as has been said, the ability to view deleted posts is of great value. The new board was deleting stuff totally, with no record of it. I'm just trying to figure out how we can put it back the way it was.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the right place but I have a request for the mobile version of the site:

When I open a thread on my mobile its really hard to navigate pages of a thread. I can go forwards one page or backwards one page. There's no way to jump to either the end or the start of the thread (that I can find). Is it possible to add this kind of functionality?

Hi mate

Thanks for the post. A few people have mentioned this. It's a limitation of the software as far as I'm aware so it won't be an easy (or cheap) job to change, bit it's on the wishlist.

When opening a thread click the star or blob to go to first new post... you probably knew that already but it may help.

Cheers
ped

• 10 months later...