Why become a member? ×

Depressing things your bandmates say.

arthurhenry

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1317985787' post='1396919']
"let's do a cover version of this band that no-one has ever heard of before but they're my favourite band"
[/quote]

A bit like our cover of State Of Love And Trust by Pearl Jam we did a while ago, our guitarist whinged for months until we played it, then we gigged it to a pub full of students who looked at like we'd just stepped off Mars. Brilliant.. .lets stick to songs people actually know!

I literally just had this said to me about 30 minutes ago, by our guitarist who is bringing along a new drummer for tonight's rehearsal.
This after [u][b]I[/b][/u] sent all the songs/mp3's over to the drummer [b]10 days[/b] ago to learn.

[b]"The drummer has not had time to learn any of the songs, because he has been a bit tied up with his other band"[/b]

[quote name='Dom in Somerset' timestamp='1317989448' post='1397011']
"our previous bass player(s) used to play this one better/sound bassier/look better/do something really cool on this tune/smell better/better in bed etc, etc..."
It's to be expected I've only been in the job for two years.
[/quote]

I could imagine that Jason Newsted heard this every day for 15 years :)

Me to drummer: Does that bass line i'm playing sound OK ?

Drummer to me: To be honest, I never really listen to what you're playing

For many weeks I did contemplate leaving this lot. Then I realised no-one really listens to what i'm playing. So I started turning up the volume :)

I often got variations of 'I'm too good for this sh*t' from a middle aged drummer in a past band after another Saturday night pub gig. It was his band, I was a relative newcomer and I didn't feel it appropriate to point out that a fun side band I was also in had a 15 yr old who was technically better than he was, so no he wasn't too good for pub gigs, it was pretty much exactly his level (and mine).