Why become a member? ×

Depressing things your bandmates say.

arthurhenry

All in a classic rock covers band

"I'm going to play those chords in a different order as I prefer playing F before C rather than after it. It's always good to do your own version of a song"

"I like my chords to contrast with your bass line"

"I know those chords are different to the original but this isn't the original - it's our version"

I left!

[quote name='ubit' timestamp='1477058421' post='3159590']
My biggest depression is when you ask " did you work out such and such?" No, but I worked out this !"
Even though the last thing we agreed was to learn such and such for next week !
[/quote]

Maybe it's your memory; you posted the exact same thing two hours earlier :D

[quote name='Norris' timestamp='1477053599' post='3159540']
After two years of weekly rehearsals...

Keys/band leader: I don't think this is ready to gig yet

Good bye
[/quote]

Is this the whole project or just a particular song?

I'd have been out after 4 weeks!

[quote name='TimR' timestamp='1477116520' post='3159920']
Is this the whole project or just a particular song?

I'd have been out after 4 weeks!
[/quote]

The whole project! We went through a few guitarists who had to get up to speed each time, until the drummer eventually decided that he wasn't into that kind of music! It's a shame because it was actually one of the best Floyd tributes I've ever heard - almost as good as the Aussie lot :)

[quote name='hairychris' timestamp='1477048229' post='3159469']
From a previous band that I was in...

Drummer: Oh yeah, by the way I'm cycling to China. I won't be around for a few months.

Us: ???
[/quote]

Similarly, drummer rewards himself for finalising a set of originals with a year long trip to Thailand.
We waited.

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1477114169' post='3159916']
Maybe it's your memory; you posted the exact same thing two hours earlier :D
[/quote]

:)
That's Ubit's split personality for you. He's both Michelle and Melania. ;)
He'll be back to his normal self on November 9th.

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1477040095' post='3159368']

Well, it's two whole months until the end of the year... I'm not surprised the band is looking to have more gigs in that period, you can't blame them for that. I presume you'll have a say before the dates are confirmed, but I understand you don't want to be the one putting the brakes on... Still, before the band, I'd be more concerned about your health. That is more important than any band. I hope you're going to your doctor and figure out what's wrong. I hope you get better soon!
[/quote]

Yeah, I actually really enjoy the playing but the travel and moving gear wipes me out for half the next day.

Thanks for this and the similar messages, I've been to the doctors for a blood test and I'm just waiting for the results to come back. My sister got in touch to say there's pernicious anaemia in the family so I'm on the iron/B12 tablets in the meantime.

[quote name='Norris' timestamp='1477131846' post='3160012']

The whole project! We went through a few guitarists who had to get up to speed each time, until the drummer eventually decided that he wasn't into that kind of music! It's a shame because it was actually one of the best Floyd tributes I've ever heard - almost as good as the Aussie lot :)
[/quote]

That's more than frustrating. I certainly wouldn't have lasted 4 weeks of practices. A tribute band? You just learn the songs off the CD and turn up, do a few practices and gig them. Frightening how hard some people make this music thing.

• 2 years later...

"Why don't we open a Facebook and Instagram profile for the band and keep It constantly updated with photos and funny stuff? I'd like to be the one to take care of that"

tenor (2).gif

Edited by oZZma

21 minutes ago, PJ-Bassist said:

Another Zombie thread revival .. though I wish I'd seen it sooner as I'm guilty of more than one of these! especially the aforementioned social media comments 😣

I restrained myself from resuming a thread from 2007, do you think I should go for it instead? :x

Edited by oZZma

Just now, uk_lefty said:

"have you replied to that enquiry for the gig in June yet?"

"No, I don't know him/ her".

"Ok I'll do it then. Will give them the price and ask whether we need to provide PA, etc."

"NO!! I'm in charge of the email. I'll do it"

Months pass by...