Why become a member? ×

FS: Jazz Bass Parts

[size=5]2001 Fender USA Jazz Body - £150 - not in the best condition, but not completely buggered either![/size]
[size=5]AllParts Jazz [/size][size=5]Neck incl String Tree - *SOLD*[/size]
[size=5]Hipshot BT-2 Tuners x 3 and matching BT-2 Detuner - £130[/size]
[size=5]Dimarzio Model J pickups with the adjustable pole pieces, these are quite old, not sure what to price them at so let's say - *SOLD*[/size]
[size=5]String through body bridge - £25[/size]
[size=5]Tortoiseshell Pickguard - *SOLD*[/size]

All prices + Postage

Pics can be found here: [url="http://photobucket.com/FenderAllPartsJazzBass"]http://photobucket.c...llPartsJazzBass[/url]

Edited by Higgie

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1318681691' post='1405130']
great playing Hig... great music too.. bass sounds awsome, like its got a preamp in it...
[/quote]

It does indeed sound awesome, great bite - my ideal jazz bass tone...can I cheekily ask if the Model Js are wired internally each in series or parallel?

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1318681691' post='1405130']
great playing Hig... great music too.. bass sounds awsome, like its got a preamp in it...
[/quote]

Thanks dude - I am in fact running into a PJB Bass Buddy so it's not just the bass running into the soundcard, but it is your typical growly jazz bass sound, and I must also mention that it has the lowest action out of any of my basses. When I had it put together, my tech said he had put almost NO relief in the neck, because it didn't buzz at all no matter how much he lowered the strings! So it's almost dead flat, making fretting an absolute breeze all over the neck, and no buzzing anywhere!

[quote name='LawrenceH' timestamp='1318684110' post='1405173']

It does indeed sound awesome, great bite - my ideal jazz bass tone...can I cheekily ask if the Model Js are wired internally each in series or parallel?
[/quote]

I have no idea to be honest, when I bought the body, it was already fully loaded, but the neck pickup was disconnected. I asked my tech to wire it in the way normal Jazz basses were wired, so whatever that is, it's done like that!

[quote name='simon1964' timestamp='1318684501' post='1405183']
Any chance you will split the parts? I'm looking for a loaded Jazz body, and this would be ideal!
[/quote]

It's a possibility, but I'd prefer to keep it as a whole bass at the moment. Should I have any interest in the neck and tuners I will consider it. Thanks for your interest!

Just had a closer look, and it's not actually a standard Fender bridge! It's a string through body bridge. Shows how much time I've spent with this bass since I've had it! It had DR Marcus Miller Fat Beams put on it by my tech when he put it together, and they're the same strings on it now. Granted they're much deader than they were :)

Open to anything really. I'd prefer a sale as I'm short on cash, but thought I'd put the trade in there in case anything cool gets offered! Wouldn't mind a 5 string Jazz, or a fretless Jazz 4, but as I said, open to anything really. Typically I prefer more 'Standard' basses like Jazz/Precision/Stingray etc. Would also be open to bass + cash offers if the bass in question isn't worth the same amount.

So long story short, what would you be offering? :)

Cheers dude! *Shameless plug Alert* There's more videos on my channel including some Chili Peppers, Stevie Wonder, and Muse :)

Cool, good luck with the projects, I'd be interested to see them when their complete :)

Hi Higgie,

I have a CIJ P bass FT if you're interested (with cash adjustment).

Link here: http://basschat.co.uk/topic/157848-new-trade-options-fsft-non-export-japanese-precision-pb62-us-3ts/page__fromsearch__1

If not, thanks for looking and have a bump on me. Great playing on the vids, mate!

Cheers,
Dave.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is this overpriced or something? This is a great looking, playing, and sounding jazz, of US Fender quality, with upgraded DiMarzio pickups, string thru body bridge, and Hipshot hardware (With Detuner), almost 1800 views but no offers? There must be someone who wants a nice Jazz, especially at £550!!