Why become a member? ×

FS: Jazz Bass Parts

FWIW I sold something similar - a natural/tort USA Jazz stock but with a maple/mop Allparts '70s neck on it - for £400 here late last year, it went pretty quickly so maybe it was a bit cheap, but I think without a genuine Fender neck the price tends to plummet a bit. Also I tend to find that when you add items like after-market pickups and tuners they don't really add value to the bass - you might be as well replacing the stock Fender stuff and selling the other bits separately.

Thanks for the info. I guess you're right - No matter how much better the parts may be, it's just not all original. Final price drop to £545 ONO, I'll just withdraw it if it goes any lower than that. It's not worth taking that big a hit on such a good bass - I'm only trying to raise funds for another bass after all.

Cheers

Edited by Higgie

Thanks Lawrence, me too. It's such a great bass, but the fact is my Shuker gets the gigs I need a Jazz for because it has an extra fret and I prefer the feel of the neck. I wouldn't be selling if I could afford the 5 string I want to buy.

• 1 month later...

Would also include a mint and unused (not even drilled) Moses Graphite Neck for £690. So you have a US Fender Jazz body with String thru Body bridge, upgraded Dimarzio pickups, with a choice of either a Maple or Graphite neck, with Hipshot tuners and a Detuner, for under £700. If that's not value for money I don't know what is!!

Edited by Higgie

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...