Why become a member? ×

Joyo Dynamic Compressor - Awesome!!

SirChewey

Hi Guys, I'd just like to let people know about this pedal. It's a new addition to my rig and have tried quite a few compressor pedals over the years for my basses but this one has shocked me at how good it is especially coupled with my Jazz. It claims to be a representation of classic Ross pedal, and I think by representation they mean that it actually is - it certainly sounds amazing. It has personality and retains punch and clarity throughout even at higher compression settings.

For under £30 you can't beat this pedal. It's stunning for the money and came with a battery. Anyone buying this certainly won't be sorry. Link to ebay below if you want to buy one.

If anyone is interested, I'll try and get a recording up on Youtube sometime next week.

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260774155829?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260774155829?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648[/url]

If anyone else has had experience with Joyo, please post, would be good to hear what other people think...

[quote name='peteb' timestamp='1318800880' post='1406416']
Seems a bit too good to be true!

Anyone here tried one??
[/quote]

Believe me mate - for the cash - you won't find a better one! I'm just an average Joe with a heart of bass, just like every other on here. I searched for ages to find anyone who had written a review on these that uses bass but with no luck. Hopefully, this thread will cause a few people with a spare 30 nuggets in their Paypal to go purchase and add to this thread. Would be great to hear other peoples opinion.

[quote name='Bassnut62' timestamp='1319560923' post='1415823']
Not really sorted for clip recording....
I'll try and sort it out tho.....
Any tips for getting clips posted so basschatterers can listen with ease direct from a post on here?
[/quote]
i had trouble doing this a while back, so i signed up for Soundcloud.

.. dead easy to do, and easy to access. just follow the instructions, takes but a few minutes.

[url="http://soundcloud.com/"]http://soundcloud.com/[/url]

make sure you label your samples with some relevant info e.g. 'Joyo comp clip', to make life easy. i'm looking forward to hearing this, as i need something to smoothe out my signal in front of my Octavius squeezer, preferably on the cheap.

Edited by phil.i.stein

[quote name='mike257' timestamp='1319017691' post='1408858']
Heard nothing but good stuff about these Joyo pedals - I'm hankering for the OCD clone (Ultimate Overdrive) for my guitar board. Seems like they're awesome for £30.

Did you have to wait long for delivery? Aren't they usually shipped from way out east?
[/quote]

Arrived within 7 working days - can't fault them lol

[quote name='mike257' timestamp='1319017691' post='1408858']
Heard nothing but good stuff about these Joyo pedals - I'm hankering for the OCD clone (Ultimate Overdrive) for my guitar board. Seems like they're awesome for £30.
[/quote]
I've just been shown this pedal,and it's great. It held it's own against a Tubescreamer,maybe even better in some aspects.

[quote name='phil.i.stein' timestamp='1319976142' post='1420655']
a guitarist friend of mine has ordered one recently. i'll give it a try on bass when it arrives, and update.
[/quote]

Great, I would love to know how it is on guitar too.
Any views from your mate on it for that?

[quote name='MixMan' timestamp='1320177896' post='1423466']Great.
It would be great with some bass sound clips of the Joyo JF-10 with compressor on and off.....and maybe even also a completely clean clip (I.E. no pedal plugged in). In my experience sometimes even True Bypass colours the sound.......[/quote]D

Good call; I never quite believe TBP either.
No sign of the JF-10 yet tho; it must still be on the high seas.

[quote name='Doddy' timestamp='1319907382' post='1420035']
I've just been shown this pedal,and it's great. It held it's own against a Tubescreamer,maybe even better in some aspects.
[/quote]

Good stuff, it's reassuring to hear good reviews first hand from someone who knows their onions!

phew, saved by the bell, my colleagues don't have to suffer the dreaded BASS BURP after all.
the compressor just turned up and it has a customs decalaration on back with a declared value of $6 and no customs fee to pay; but b*#~ocks, I've been had, it's only worth $6!

parcel is well wrapped and pedal comes in a nice box.
it all looks good so far.
I'll have a play with it when I get some time over w/e and try and get some clips up as soon as I can after that.

[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1320393515' post='1426160']
Just a thought, but is anyone getting hit with import charges for these things? £30 is a total bargain but £50 less so, although still good value.
[/quote]
If you buy it from UKET (in the UK), then no, there are no outstanding import charges - you pay the £30 you expect to pay.