Why become a member? ×

Chris McIntyre - setups, repairs and custom builds- moving to Edinburgh!!

kevin_lindsay

Yippee! Great news for those of us "north of the border"!

Chris McIntyre is relocating from London to Edinburgh in the next few weeks. This will save me a fortune in air and rail costs.

Here's a link to Chris's website. Check out the extensive client list to see how highly he's regarded.

http://www.mcintyreguitars.com/

[quote name='thegallery' timestamp='1319620599' post='1416379']shhh i won't tell martin :)[/quote]

If I could use my emoticons at work (I can't for some reason) there'd be a big LOL after this one.

Haven't seen Chris since his old Gallery days; we used to have a good natter on occasion.

I still love Martin, he's a great friend of mine. Just want guys in Scotland to know that Chris is going to be up here. He'll be in Rsin burgh around the end of November.

His studio is in the Albion Business Park, Albion Rd, Edinburgh. Right next to the Easter Rd football ground.

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1319665365' post='1417130']Very sad news. :)[/quote]

Chris says he plans to return to London every couple of months to provide his services for his London clientele. Not the same as him bring there every day, bit at least he doesn't plan to abandon his client base, which is good news.

[quote name='kevin_lindsay' timestamp='1319673971' post='1417231']
Chris says he plans to return to London every couple of months to provide his services for his London clientele. Not the same as him bring there every day, bit at least he doesn't plan to abandon his client base, which is good news.
[/quote]

That's a relief. And quite honourable.
His work is really fantastic.

[quote name='Shawman' timestamp='1319721687' post='1417712']

it'll be stinkin' then :) (sorry, couldn't resist)

interesting though!
[/quote]

steady! As a season ticket holder at the Holy Ground (Easter Road) and living 5 mins down the road, this is cracking news. certainly more fun than watching the Hibees at the moment. :)

• 2 months later...

finally popped in to see Chris yesterday to catch up with some long overdue work I need done. Very impressed with Chris' obvious expertise, etc., will feedback once work completed but it's magic to have such a skilled craftsman just round the corner. Can now sit down with the expert and get a proper set up!!!

I love that the homepage of his new website-in-progress features James Leach's (ex-Sikth) two custom Jazzes that Chris made for him, and no actual guitars. :D

Chris is a top bloke - not sure why he's heading home to Edinburgh, but best of luck to him. :)

I've been doing my own set-ups etc recently, not because of bad experiences, but most of the shop based people don't seem to want my business. I don't mind booking in for 2 weeks time, but some of them need you to leave it for 2 weeks. I have gigs to play.

This is great though, because I'm no good with electronics,and I want to add an extra pup on my Stingray. I'd also like it repainted.

I'm popping through to see Chris in Monday - taking my refinished Surf Green Eric Johnson Strat, a Gibson Les Paul '57 goltop reissue, and a 5 string Sei Bass through for some work. Been too long since Chris and I got together. We had many great times when I stayed over at his house in London.
I'll post some pics after I've been there to show Chris's new workshop.