Why become a member? ×

Blinded by the sun - Seahorses

solo4652

Good choice. I love most of that album and there is some very pleasing bass playing on it.

Sorry can't sit and work it out at the moment as I still need to nail a few songs for tomorrow nights gig. If no one has come to your aid by the end of the weekend I'll try to help you.

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1319830753' post='1419206']
Good choice. I love most of that album and there is some very pleasing bass playing on it.

Sorry can't sit and work it out at the moment as I still need to nail a few songs for tomorrow nights gig. If no one has come to your aid by the end of the weekend I'll try to help you.
[/quote]

Thanks for your offer of help. I'm auditioning for a band in 2 week's time and I need to nail this song.

[quote name='Stag' timestamp='1320011988' post='1421356']
This might sound utterly bizarre but I work (indirectly) with Stuart Fletcher. I doubt he has a tab... but I could ask if he's go any tips / directions?
[/quote]

That would be great! All help gratefully received.

Steve

I could probably write out all the chords for you and give you the notes of all the runs etc. I can write notes out in tab but i'm useless at writing out all the rhythms and dead notes etc so you'll have to just apply the notes to parts yourself. Should help though.

Shouldn't take me too long as I recently had to learn it again for a gig with Chris Helme.

• Like 1

[quote name='StuFletch' timestamp='1320060930' post='1421640']
I could probably write out all the chords for you and give you the notes of all the runs etc. I can write notes out in tab but i'm useless at writing out all the rhythms and dead notes etc so you'll have to just apply the notes to parts yourself. Should help though.

Shouldn't take me too long as I recently had to learn it again for a gig with Chris Helme.
[/quote]

Marvellous! I'll gratefully accept anything you can send me. Chords and note-tabs would be just great. Once I have those, I'll be able to work out the rhythms, I'm sure. Thank you for your generous offer of help. I'll PM you with my private email address,

Cheers,

Steve

I'll try and get this done tonight for you and post on here if you like, although I'd appreciate no laughing at my ineptitude to write out bass notation. I'm more of a feel player than a theory one (although I did used to be able to write orchestrations out thanks to A Level music) However, that was a VERY long time ago. I'm thinking I'll just write the notes out with bar lines and some vox cues so you know where you are. This is probably the easiest way to follow it.

Also I'll probably have to relearn some of it as Helmey has changed the structure of it a bit for his solo gigs. If anyone is interested, Chris Helme's new solo album is likely to be out in December. I do some decent playing on it along with some double bass stuff and acoustic bass stuff. Plus some electric melody stuff with bowed bass underneath. (Just seemed like a bass chat forum type thing to write!!!!) I'm also supporting Shed Seven at the Sheffield O2 Academy on December 8 with a band called "We Could Be Astronauts". If anyone is in the area, I'd be up for meeting for beers etc beforehand.

Hi everyone,
I dont want to hijack this thread but I have struggling to get my head around the Bass and vocal part on Love is the law by Seahorses,I've learnt the rest of the song but this last part of the song is really foxing me,
anyone got any ideas,I've been trying to learn it by ear but the opening few bars keep confusing me.
I cant find any tabs ,Tonight i even plugged my mp3 into my tuner to get the notes but it could'nt pick out the notes accurately.
If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
T.

Don't think you'll be needing my help then :) How good is that? The man who played it originally offering to help you, got to love Bass Chat. If he gets it wrong let me know and I'll do the corrections.

Welcome to the forum Stu.

MB1. :)
Cool!
"I bet you werent expecting that?"

For Love is the Law make sure all strings are tuned up a tone to F#, B, E, A. This is so you can do the bottom E (F#) octave stuff quickly. Then the ending is much easier to play. I don't want to get into a position where I'm writing out all the tab for every Seahorses tune as I simply don't have the time, but I'll happily give some advice on any bits you're stuck on. Still working on the Blinded stuff but I'm now at the second chorus so will try and get finished as soon as possible.

Thats Great Stu
thank's very much,I appreciate that you have your own stuff to do.
I like to work on every song I do to completion- it's what i call pushing the envelope,you know Improving as a bass player,but this one had me beat-the first time in ages,
I look forward to hearing the blinded stuff.
thank's again.
T

• 8 years later...
  • 5 months later...
On 18/12/2019 at 12:50, solo4652 said:

Hi,

I have a bass tab for the song. It's probably not 100% correct, but it will give you a really good start-point. Drop me a PM with your email address if you want a copy.

Hi there,

Could you also send me a copy of your tab as I'm struggling to find any bass tabs on this particular song, my email is @[email protected]

Thanks marc.

• 1 month later...