Why become a member? ×

SOLD!!!! Washburn RB2002 Hammerhead Bass now on eBay at £150 BIN :-(

Mudpup

[b]SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

I now have too many basses so another one has to go.

Washburn RB2002 Hammerhead 4 string bass in gloss black with matte silver knobs and tuners. Absolutely immaculate - could pass as new easily.
Lovely slim satin finish neck, newish strings, active bass/treble volume and blend controls and thru body stringing.

Heres a bit of blurb about it from the net -

[color=#0000ff][font=arial]"Input from a host of professional bass players was the foundation for this innovative bass design. Active circuitry combined with powerful pickups and state of the art hardware make it the best in its class.[/font][/color]
[font=arial][color=#0000ff]All of Washburn's RB Series basses feature our innovative Hammerhead™ design. A brass-loaded headstock enhances the neck's tonal frequency while substantially increasing sustain. A totally new dimension in bass technology.[/color][/font]

[font=arial][color=#0000ff]Features[/color][/font]
[font=arial][color=#0000ff]Soft maple body Washburn MPB 500 pickups Active circuitry Rosewood fingerboard with dot inlay Grover tuners Hammerhead™ system Buzz Feiten Tuning System™ Price/Colors[/color][/font]
[color=#0000ff][font=arial]List Price $899.90 Case GC3R List Price $119.90 Colors: Black, Mahogany Satin Oil[/font]" [/color]

This is the actual bass below

Edited by Mudpup

Hello Paul
9.4 pounds on the bathroom scales and 4cm (or 1.5inches) at the nut
Looks like your localish - welcome to come and have a play - have a little Roland Cube or a big TC combo to run it thru
Cheers

Edited by Mudpup

Thanks for that. Neck is spot on but it is too heavy :) - I struggle with anything near 9lbs, let alone over. The first one in my list below is 9lbs dead on and I can't wear it for more than an hour at a time. This is a nice looking beast and a bit unusual, I'll wager it is an excellent build quality, too. Someone should buy this as a change from the usual fender copies!

No worries Paul - youre right, the build and sound are way better than expectations. I just have too many basses - started with one and now have four so two have to go!
Thanks for the interest though
Jon

Thats the thing - i didnt want it in the first place!!!!!!!!!!

It was part of a package that included the Spector that i wanted and the seller wouldnt split. Turned out it was way better than i expected when i collected it but i'll never really use it. If it makes a difference, i'll sort out a chair for you to sit on if its a bit too heavy for you. :) :) :)

Guess i'll have to fleabay it and take a hit with the fees.

Now on ebay with a £150 Buy it Now option/£99 start price
Somewhere inbetween would get it for a basschatter!

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170724306644?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170724306644?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649[/url]

Could always have sawed a bit off i suppose :)
Hopefully not premature with the sale - the ebay buyer bidded on and won it in the last 5 seconds and then mailed me to say he needed it posting to him. I cancelled him out and weirdly a guy mailed me a few minutes later from th ePreloved ad to see if it was still for sale. He's collecting it Monday night.
Just got the Ibanez to shift now and then the Mrs will be talking to me again.