Why become a member? ×

Gig bag opinions please!!

pietruszka

Hey everyone!

Iv just come into an amount of bread and was going to treat myself. No Im not buying anyones bass on here before you all start! :)
As something to remember my Dad by I was going to get a top end gig bag to use with my StringRay he got me 10 years ago. Iv narrowed down my choice to either the Fusion F1;
http://www.fusion-bags.com/products-in-guitar-gig-bags/f1-bass-guitar-blue-21157

Or the Mono M80;
http://www.monocase.com/mono-bass-guitar.asp

What are everyones thoughts? I don't carry much in the way of pedals, in fact I only have the TU2 so pedal space isn't essential.

Thank you!!

Dan

AAAaaarr dont throw another one in the mix! The M80 looks like a better design with the gap for the end pin, but then the F1 is reinforced and to me looks slightly better. I really don't know! The Protec is only water resistant where as the F1 and M80 are waterproof, and they aren't that much more. I'd ask my girlfriend but she won't look at them as they dont have flowers on them. :)

Dan

I think you'll be well pleased with the Mono - I've got the double.

The only gigbag I've found to be better is a Levy's one which comes with Dingwalls...and apparently you can't buy.

I feel hard cases are only necessary if you are using a band van - my basses lay on the back seat as I've got a relatively small car too (Ibiza).

[quote name='Jamesemt' timestamp='1320239930' post='1424135']
I think you'll be well pleased with the Mono - I've got the double.

The only gigbag I've found to be better is a Levy's one which comes with Dingwalls...and apparently you can't buy.

I feel hard cases are only necessary if you are using a band van - my basses lay on the back seat as I've got a relatively small car too (Ibiza).
[/quote]
Cheers! Ill be up first thing in the morning to make sure I don't miss the delivery bloke!
Ibiza?! Relatively small car?! Thats luxury!

Dan

I've got one of these beauties with which I take a Precision and Jazz along to rehearsals. Brilliant quality.

[url="http://www.guitarandampshop.co.uk/acatalog/Fusion_F2_Double_Electric_Bass_Guitar_Gigbag__F2-21_G_DEB_B_.html"]http://www.guitarandampshop.co.uk/acatalog/Fusion_F2_Double_Electric_Bass_Guitar_Gigbag__F2-21_G_DEB_B_.html[/url]

[quote name='pietruszka' timestamp='1320236510' post='1424056']Lozz, I have a hardcase but its so damn big, and I only drive a Micra. I used it when I worked on a ferry for obvious reasons, but for everyday use its a bit bulky. Thank you for your thoughts though

Dan.[/quote]

Ah, now that makes sense then. Use the hardcase for gigs/back of van times, and the gig-bag for rehearsals, see the logic.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1320243443' post='1424225']

Ah, now that makes sense then. Use the hardcase for gigs/back of van times, and the gig-bag for rehearsals, see the logic.[/quote]

I haven't used a hardcase for years-it's a gig bag all the way.

[quote name='louisthebass' timestamp='1320312675' post='1425058']I got an iGig bag recently (as recommended to me in a similar thread some time ago by Doddy - many thanks :)), by far the best bass gig bag I've ever had. Very well padded out, good construction & a lot of storage space.[/quote]

This. I have the bag that takes two basses and it's a great piece of kit. Not exactly cheap, though.

• 4 weeks later...