Why become a member? ×

Reputation system

Hamster

If you hover over someone's name above their avatar, you can see how many total likes they have. I can see Monckeyman has 36 likes & daz has 14.
I think the like system is fun & if anyone takes it serious, then a life would be required :)

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1321228292' post='1436834']
If you hover over someone's name above their avatar, you can see how many total likes they have. I can see Monckeyman has 36 likes & daz has 14.
I think the like system is fun & if anyone takes it serious, then a life would be required :)
[/quote]
So you can. You've got 28.

EDIT: 29 now.

Edited by EssentialTension

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1321229512' post='1436846']
The like system is wicked. The dislike system on the other hand enforces negative thought.
[/quote]
I suppose it depends on how it gets used. I wouldn't use it just because I didn't fully agree with something (infact, I probably wouldn't use it at all), but i can see it being used for "nonsense" posts (if you know what I mean). Such as bad advice.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1321230086' post='1436852']
I suppose it depends on how it gets used. I wouldn't use it just because I didn't fully agree with something (infact, I probably wouldn't use it at all), but i can see it being used for "nonsense" posts (if you know what I mean). Such as bad advice.
[/quote]I think reasonable people use it for reasonable purposes and non reasonable people for their own reasons. IME it's a tool for the polar extremes at the expense of the others.

By the way I had a very high like ratio but that has plummeted since the dislike button. Some will see that as a good thing but I expect most of those would not be able to argue that point eloquently.

[quote name='Vibrating G String' timestamp='1321230743' post='1436858']
I think reasonable people use it for reasonable purposes and non reasonable people for their own reasons. IME it's a tool for the polar extremes at the expense of the others.

By the way I had a very high like ratio but that has plummeted since the dislike button. Some will see that as a good thing but I expect most of those would not be able to argue that point eloquently.
[/quote]
It wasn't me (said in best Shaggy voice). Have one back.

[quote name='Vibrating G String' timestamp='1321231430' post='1436864']
I didn't mean to accuse you. You let me know publicly when we disagree :) As I think it should be.
[/quote]
I never thought that you was accusing me, I was merely having a jest :)
I have a lot of time for you on here. :)

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1321235155' post='1436879']
Right, that was long enough. You can turn it off now, thank you.
[/quote]

Develop a skin, become a hard bastard. Make BBC proud. Make us proud. Fight for your people...yada yada

Ha! tBBC with this system would've been interesting!

Now we just need a non-committal button which makes absolutely no difference to peoples ranking :) amber should suit nicely.

One thing I have noticed is they're quite difficult to hit accurately on a mobile and I nearly hit one when just scrolling a page. Just something to think about really.

I think that if somebody disagrees with something said on the forum then they should post a response saying this and explaining why they disagree. It is not much help to the reader seeing that one or more disagree without any explanation why.

Also, I find the idea of these buttons rather distracting to my enjoyment of the forum.

[quote name='farmer61' timestamp='1321258618' post='1436925']
Can I suggest that you take this reputation marking system off of the For Sale section, in the same way there should be not 3rd party negative comments about items for sale, just wonder whether this system could wrongly predudice sale items?
[/quote]

That is a BLOODY good point

[quote name='MrRatty' timestamp='1321258416' post='1436922']
I think that if somebody disagrees with something said on the forum then they should post a response saying this and explaining why they disagree. It is not much help to the reader seeing that one or more disagree without any explanation why.
[/quote]
Agreed. I thought BC was supposed to be a discussion forum not some sort of multiple-choice survey.