No emails?

43 replies to this topic

#31 icastle

Director of Torture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,319 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

Same problem here, just logged on for the first time today and no notifications of any description. :(

EDIT: Ignore that.
Added basschat.admin@googlemail.com to the safe senders list and not have an inbox full. :D

Edited by icastle, 15 May 2012 - 05:49 PM.

BassChat Terms & Conditions ............... Forum Behaviour Guidelines ............... Rules & Guidelines for The Marketplace

Multitasking - the ability to screw up more than one thing at a time.

#32 Soliloquy

Fully fledged member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  • Interests:Music, reading, mountain biking.

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:42 PM

I not only don't receive emails input pm's, but also posts that I've subscribed to.

#33 Mudpup

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 993 posts
  • Interests:Curry, bass stuff, bicycles, F1, Chelsea FC,

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

Suddenly not receiving emails for PM's it seems

stuff.....
Fender Nate Mendel Precision, Musicman Stingray 2eq 1997, Sandberg PM4 Custom,
Gallien Krueger GT700RB, Ashdown ABM600 Evo iv and a couple of Barefaced Big Baby 2 cabs

Feedback thread here http://basschat.co.u...__fromsearch__1

Playing live all over the South East of Englandshire in YELLOWHOUSE (Stadium rock in your local boozer!!!!)

http://www.lemonrock.com/yellowhouse1

http://www.facebook....s/221831483416/

#34 Hamster

Fully inebriated member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts
  • Interests:Free Beer

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:45 PM

I've looked at this bug several times. It looks like it's still a bug then :sad:

Sounds produced by:
Wood, Metal and Electricity

My funky feedback!

Quo Caine!

There are rules and guidelines for using this website - find them and read them please :)

Rickenfaker Rockinbetter

#35 99ster

Very Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

Suddenly not receiving emails for PM's it seems...
:unsure:
"You cannot quantify these qualities in an old instrument, so can everybody put away their clipboards and whitecoats and leave the vintage stuff to the people who enjoy it."
- martin8708
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
"Buying new gear or convincing yourself that you are just one piece short of greatness is an easier pill to swallow than admitting you might not ever have what it takes to create a great work of art." - A.Nonymous
"I returned to music through machines. The difference is that the machines are clean, and the machines are not corrupted. What I create here cannot hurt people, but you can bring an impure musician to play in your studio and create your own doom." - Lee 'Scratch' Perry
"The notes I handle no better than many pianists. But the pauses between the notes, ah, that is where the art resides." - Artur Schnabel
"Critics are an eternal mediocrity living at the expense of genius, either to belittle or to destroy it - a race of insects happily eating away at the foliage of art." - Bob Johnston
"Before you play two notes learn how to play one note - and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it." - Mark Hollis
"If it ain't got a good riff I ain't having it." - My Mrs
"Everybody knows that's what aliens sound like." - Dr. Bob Moog

Some old stuff + some new stuff...

My BassChat feedback

#36 Hamster

Fully inebriated member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

View Post99ster, on 26 February 2013 - 11:26 PM, said:

Suddenly not receiving emails for PM's it seems...
:unsure:

How suddenly? - Yesterday you got them, today you didn't?

Sounds produced by:

My funky feedback!

Quo Caine!

There are rules and guidelines for using this website - find them and read them please :)

Rickenfaker Rockinbetter

#37 wateroftyne

SHAZAM!

• Global Moderators
  • 11,370 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:32 AM

In the last day or so, my BC notifications started to be flagged as junk, so they've been going into my spam folder.

I've had to create a rule in Gmail to mark them as 'not junk' to force them into my inbox instead.

If you use Gmail, or your email provider uses the same rules, that'll be why.
Basses: Fender '73 Precision Fretted (rosewood) | Fender '71 Precision Fretless (rosewood) | Maruszczyk Jake P/J (x2)
Amplification: HandBox R-400 head | TKS Engineering S112 & S212 cabs | Ibanez Promethean P5110

Bands: The Lindisfarne Story | The Caffreys | Rosie & the Hips

See all my basses here | Watch video clips of them here | Hey! I've got feedback!

#38 99ster

Very Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:27 AM

View PostHamster, on 27 February 2013 - 12:13 AM, said:

How suddenly? - Yesterday you got them, today you didn't?

Was getting email notifications for PM before yesterday (26th Feb) - but then had two PM's without any email notification. Had changed no settings in my account...
"You cannot quantify these qualities in an old instrument, so can everybody put away their clipboards and whitecoats and leave the vintage stuff to the people who enjoy it."
- martin8708
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
"Buying new gear or convincing yourself that you are just one piece short of greatness is an easier pill to swallow than admitting you might not ever have what it takes to create a great work of art." - A.Nonymous
"I returned to music through machines. The difference is that the machines are clean, and the machines are not corrupted. What I create here cannot hurt people, but you can bring an impure musician to play in your studio and create your own doom." - Lee 'Scratch' Perry
"The notes I handle no better than many pianists. But the pauses between the notes, ah, that is where the art resides." - Artur Schnabel
"Critics are an eternal mediocrity living at the expense of genius, either to belittle or to destroy it - a race of insects happily eating away at the foliage of art." - Bob Johnston
"Before you play two notes learn how to play one note - and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it." - Mark Hollis

My BassChat feedback

#39 99ster

Very Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:28 AM

View Postwateroftyne, on 27 February 2013 - 05:32 AM, said:

In the last day or so, my BC notifications started to be flagged as junk, so they've been going into my spam folder.

I've had to create a rule in Gmail to mark them as 'not junk' to force them into my inbox instead.

If you use Gmail, or your email provider uses the same rules, that'll be why.

This was the very first thing I checked. And there are no bass chat emails in my spam filter.
- martin8708
- Friedrich Nietzsche

My BassChat feedback

#40 PaulWarning

Hyper elite member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

I haven't had any email notifications for about 18 months. I do get notifications at the top of the page when I log on so it's not too bad

#41 Hamster

Fully inebriated member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

I have identified a bug that affects the email notification system. Until we get some funds to install upgrades/updates and pay for a webdev type person to install & fix it's going to stay broken :(

Sounds produced by:

My funky feedback!

Quo Caine!

Rickenfaker Rockinbetter

#42 ped

Général d’Armée

• Administrators
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

We should be able to get it fixed next week... Colin, send me any details you have and I can get the devs on the case as soon as we've paid them!

#43 obbm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts
  • Interests:Staying alive.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

View PostPaulWarning, on 27 February 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

I haven't had any email notifications for about 18 months. I do get notifications at the top of the page when I log on so it's not too bad

Same here.
obbm-cables

Bass Guitars - Musicman, Fender, Sadowsky, Spector
Amps - Markbass LM2
Cabs - Bergantino CN112
Effects - Mesa Boogie, Electro Harmonix, Boss

Feedback is here

"There is no upper age limit for Rock 'N' Roll"

#44 PaulWarning

Hyper elite member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip