Why become a member? ×

Letter From The Editor

nick@ibassmag

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1321968087' post='1444871']
'Do's' and 'Dont's' of wedding gigs/rehersals/auditions etc... like the thread here on BC. Perhaps we could inspire a list for all the readers!
[/quote]

I think you could be onto something here. With the current trend to be away from doing originals and more cover/function bands, I think it would be good to cover this topic.

[quote name='mercuryl' timestamp='1321966999' post='1444853']
An interview with a regular Joe bass player - who nobody knows, but plays the pubs and clubs on a regular basis. All about what it is like to be a regular bass player.
[/quote]

I like that idea so I put myself forward to be the first victim to share my 24 years of playing :)
Worked my arse off playing every dive bar whilst keeping down a day job to finally getting a deal. Then sueing the record company to then rediscovering bass all over again a few years later amazed at how things have moved on to now back again recording and gigging. So if anyones interested which is probably a big NO :) then I'm up for it :) I'm sure there are quite a few other interesting people here who have an interesting background.

Edited by Linus27

Thanks for all the feedback! Keep it coming..

We're busy working on the next issue as we speak.. look out for exclusive video interviews with Marcus Miller, Yolanda Charles and Laurence Cottle - including behind the scenes footage with the Laurence Cottle Big Band rehearsing for the 'Portrait of Jaco' night at Ronnie Scott's.. We've also got a new columnist in the tuition section, gear reviews including AV Basses, Overwater and Vanderkley cabinets.. plus our full report from Bass Day UK.. Were you there? Did you make it into our film?

www.ibassmag.com

[quote name='nick@ibassmag' timestamp='1322002553' post='1445469']
Thanks for all the feedback! Keep it coming..

We're busy working on the next issue as we speak.. look out for exclusive video interviews with Marcus Miller, Yolanda Charles and Laurence Cottle - including behind the scenes footage with the Laurence Cottle Big Band rehearsing for the 'Portrait of Jaco' night at Ronnie Scott's.. We've also got a new columnist in the tuition section, gear reviews including AV Basses, Overwater and Vanderkley cabinets.. plus our full report from Bass Day UK.. Were you there? Did you make it into our film?

www.ibassmag.com
[/quote]

Quick question Nick, sorry if it's already been answered, if i subscribe today, when the iPad version comes out, do i automatically get it on there or will i have to pay again?

Jake :)

[quote name='JakeBrownBass' timestamp='1322002936' post='1445471']
Quick question Nick, sorry if it's already been answered, if i subscribe today, when the iPad version comes out, do i automatically get it on there or will i have to pay again?

Jake :)
[/quote]

Hi Jake..

If you have already purchased an online subscription you will be able view that same publication on iPad as soon as the app is available.

Hope that helps!

Nick

I've had a good "read" here and there. This is an interesting concept. The written part of the articles appears to be shorter than a traditional mag and, for the most part, they have an accompanying video. So there's not as much to read as a traditional magazine - but it is very interesting to listen to the interactive video content. A perfect match for an iPad (when it comes out in that format) - but essential that you have your headphones with you.

Very good. But different.

Is that a fair assessment?

As an ex-journo, please tell me that when you wrote "Fender's" for the plural of Fender, it was a mistake by your fingers, and that it won't appear in your articles that way!

I find that poor writing ends up detracting from what's actually being written about. I gave up reading one magazine because I realised that all I'd done was proof-read the mag (I gave up counting after the first couple of dozen mistakes) and hadn't actually taken anything in.

Maybe it's me, but writers of all types should take pride in their writing, not just their knowledge of the subject matter.

[quote name='vsmith1' timestamp='1322149379' post='1447260']
I am having problems with the mag - I have sent an email to the support team. At the moment I can only get the first 5 pages. I have previously been able to get the lot.
[/quote]

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble viewing the issue.. can you forward the details to me at [email protected]?
And I'll chase up the support team. :)

[quote name='daz' timestamp='1322974788' post='1457853']
The Scott Devine video on page 44, its apparently a 6 minute video but it keeps cutting out at 45 seconds ?
[/quote]

Hi Daz, we're looking into this right now for you.. in the meantime you can also view Scott's video here.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ibassmag?blend=8&ob=5#p/a/u/0/Zk6RuP8ZT84

• 2 weeks later...