Vote on the Basschat Reputation System

273 replies to this topic

Poll: Reptuation System (192 member(s) have cast votes)

Which option do you prefer?

1. Keep the reputation system but likes only (40 votes [20.83%])

Percentage of vote: 20.83%

2. Keep the reptuation system but likes and dislikes (58 votes [30.21%])

Percentage of vote: 30.21%

3. Deactivate the reputation system completely. (94 votes [48.96%])

Percentage of vote: 48.96%

Vote

#271 Musky

Hyper elite mega member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:32 PM

View PostMachines, on 24 November 2011 - 12:56 PM, said:

We COULD just set the poll results to whatever we want. Can the real Government do that ?
Only if it has Dame Shirley Porter in it!

#272 Toasted

The Funny One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:57 AM

View Postdiscreet, on 24 November 2011 - 12:35 PM, said:

Until the required result is achieved. Just like the real government!

Subtelty is one of my best qualities.
When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea

#273 Conan

What would Geddy Lee do?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,864 posts
  • Interests:Music, food, drink, family, garden, cricket, rugby...

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:32 AM

View PostOu7shined, on 23 November 2011 - 12:23 PM, said:

Yeah it's a funny old thing this rep system... you make quips all day long and you earn a massive rep score yet if you take time out from your day job to assist people to get their basses working or impart actual knowledge you don't get nowt.

My concerns in a nutshell. Well put indeed by the man whose name combines letters and numbers.
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz bass; G&L M2000 GTB tribute; Westone Thunder I; 'Fecker' fretless J; J&D Vintage 1975 J (modified). Markbass LMII, TKS H115, Barefaced Compact. Feedback here.

After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Live long and prosper!

#274 Kiwi

Big, bouncy and now officially "dangerous".

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,614 posts
  • Interests:DIY dentishtry. Competitive throat clearing, road raging at Chinese drivers.

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:50 PM

OK thanks for your participation everyone. I'm going to close the poll.

Although the votes in favour of the reputation system across two choices were marginally ahead, it was a fairly even result. I'm not sure that the poll has demonstrated much apart from clarifying how opinion is so divided over the topic.

So I guess the prudent thing to do would be to act conservatively and deactivate the rep system.
Bass: Self built 5-string semi hollow headless, '79 Alembic Series 1 graphite, '78 Musicman Stingray, '86 Pangborn Warlord graphite, '93 Pedulla Pentabuzz, '09 Shuker Headless 6 MIDI (signed by Lee Sklar, Doug Wimbish and Billy Sheehan),'00 Spector NS5CR, '90 Status Series 1 5 string.
Backline: EBS Microbass, FEA Labs Dual Band compressor, Future Impact bass synth, Zoom B3 into two Genz Benz Shuttle 6's and two fEARful F112 cabs, Trace Elliot Hexavalve, two Burman Pro4000HD 140w valve heads

Guitar: Alan Knight 'Hitmaker' tribute, Klein-berger replica with sustainer, Warmoth HSS Strat (signed by Nile Rodgers), Yamaha MSG Deluxe Mk 1, Yamaha MSG Deluxe Mk 2
Backline: Effectrode PC2A compressor, Empress Parametric Eq, Amptweaker Tight Rock, Joyo JF14 American Sound, Zoom G3X, Lexicon MPXG2 + R1 foot controller, Ibanez TSA5 x2 Burman Pro 501 50w combo and Fender Concert II (Rivera era)

Studio: Yamaha CS6R synth module, Axon AX100 pitch to MIDI, Burman GX3 preamp, Lexicon MPXG2 and MIDIman 16ch mixer, Ableton Live + soft synths

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users