Why become a member? ×

Vote on the Basschat Reputation System

Kiwi

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1321707474' post='1442206']
Having just a like button is too namby-pamby politically correct for an imaginary world where nothing horrible ever happens.
[/quote]
The puppy is sad now. [color=#e6e6fa]Vote 'Keep the reputation system but likes only' for a world where nothing horrible ever happens.[/color]

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1321709520' post='1442241']
This is wanton use of emotional manipulation to sway the electorate. Very nicely done.
[/quote]

Agreed, but I'm not sure whether the use of subliminal messaging is particularly ethical! :)

[quote name='LawrenceH' timestamp='1321717946' post='1442366']
But I was torn because '+1' is so irritating. Can we get rid of the system but also ban '+1'ing?
[/quote]

Yes - let's say "Here Here!" instead.

We're not bloody Americans. :)

I went for 'likes' only. I nearly went with deactivate, but with facebook 'like' type stuff seems to be in fashion these days. I think that the existence of negative points could get very messy and personal so I wouldn't mind seeing it go.

Edited by thodrik

Will the votes be counted like that? I thought that each option stood by itself and that the one with the most votes would be adopted.

But I do get your point that for number of voters, there are more who favour one flavour of the system than dislike the system completely.

Edited by bluejay

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1321727634' post='1442517']
Both the top 2 are in favour of the system. Therefore together they outweigh the neggs
[/quote]

Big difference between 'Keep system with likes only' and 'Keep system but likes and dislikes'.

PS: I'd like to suggest that a 'negg' is an egg which nobody wants.

Edited by discreet