Why become a member? ×

Dopey question about leads

[quote name='mildmanofrock' post='16690' date='Jun 13 2007, 08:40 AM']Hi. I'm a bit of a technical [Bowler Hat], so here's a really dim question.

I've just bought a rackable Korg DTR 1000 tuner - and I want a lead to connect it with my Ampeg amp head.

Should I use a normal instrument lead or a speaker lead?

Don't laugh.

Cheers![/quote]

Just an instrument lead will be fine.

to explain further so you can understand more clearly... the reason you can use an instrument cable for this is that the signal coming from the outputs of your amplifiers (that aren't the speaker outs) are all BEFORE the power amp. Just remember - before the amp, low power, after the amp, high power. So in that respect, any FX sends, tuner outs, etc. will always be fine with single screen (instrument) cables. Just remember to use speaker cables for those speaker outputs, as thats where the 'power' is, so to speak.

I could have explained this in proper terms, but thought i'd try and make it relatively simply since you say you are a technical bowler hat :) ^_^ (i love this basschat profanity filter!!!)