Why become a member? ×

Any problem in powering an MXR pedal with 2 battery clips?

1976fenderhead

[quote name='Toasted' post='16758' date='Jun 13 2007, 11:28 AM']If you use a diasy chain is MIGHT short it.

My old Mutron did this when I tried to use two batt clips.

I think that it is because essentially you join up the grounds.[/quote]

Yeah, that's one of the things I thought might happen... bollocks... Guess I'll have to get one of these then... [url="http://www.diago.co.uk/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,39/category_id,3/manufacturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,206/"]http://www.diago.co.uk/component/page,shop...art/Itemid,206/[/url]
Hope they're safe.

[quote name='Toasted' post='16758' date='Jun 13 2007, 11:28 AM']If you use a diasy chain is MIGHT short it.

My old Mutron did this when I tried to use two batt clips.

I think that it is because essentially you join up the grounds.[/quote]

It's not joining up the grounds that's the problem. By connecting this way, you're linking the +ve and -ve together, which equals unhappy power supply.

If you have one of the supplies that has isolated outputs you might be able to do this, provided the outputs are floating (ie. truly isolated with no connection to each other at all), but you must connect each connector to a separate output.

I built Higgie a power converter for his Mu-tron to allow it to run on a single 9V (Boss style) input. We're currently working through some noise issues, but if this gets sorted then I may be in a position to start making these generally available.

Andy