Why become a member? ×

Remarkably pointless question

Cantdosleepy

Aha, ive always had a few issues with how to say some manufactures names! like...

Pedulla... Pedyula or pedyoola
Behringer... Bay-Ring-er or Ber-inj-er
Epifani... Epi-Fanny or Epi-farn-ee

Maybe i should start an off topic thread... hmm!

anyway, to the question in hand, its always twoten to bassists. And two ten inchers two anyone else!

[quote name='ste_m3' post='17145' date='Jun 13 2007, 07:40 PM']Aha, ive always had a few issues with how to say some manufactures names! like...

Pedulla... Pedyula or pedyoola
Behringer... Bay-Ring-er or Ber-inj-er
Epifani... Epi-Fanny or Epi-farn-ee

Maybe i should start an off topic thread... hmm!

anyway, to the question in hand, its always twoten to bassists. And two ten inchers two anyone else![/quote]

beh-rin-jer
pedyoola
epifannee (where the accent is on the P, as in Epiphany) the guy in the gallery says epi-farnee.. Can't see that being right. But eppy-fanny makes me chortle in a playground smut sort of way.
ageelah
shooka! not shucka as I thought it was until I met the man.

playsummitweknooo - is apparently a song or something round these here parts. the ole boys are always asking for it!

[quote name='dood' post='17302' date='Jun 13 2007, 11:32 PM']the guy in the gallery says epi-farnee.. Can't see that being right. But eppy-fanny makes me chortle in a playground smut sort of way.

playsummitweknooo - is apparently a song or something round these here parts. the ole boys are always asking for it![/quote]

I say Epi-farny... But ive only ever read about them!

[quote name='NJW' post='17491' date='Jun 14 2007, 11:37 AM']eh-pee-FAW-knee, with stress on the Faw. I believe this is the correct pronunciation according to the company themselves?[/quote]

Exactly - it's an Italian name, like Bergantino - stress on the penultimate syllable.

Is Aguilar pronounced the Spanish way or anglicised?

And Alembic is a.LEM-bik, I believe.

How do you say Skjold?

Alex

[quote name='alexclaber' post='17534' date='Jun 14 2007, 12:28 PM']Exactly - it's an Italian name, like Bergantino - stress on the penultimate syllable.

Is Aguilar pronounced the Spanish way or anglicised?

And Alembic is a.LEM-bik, I believe.

How do you say Skjold?

Alex[/quote]

The one that confuses me is Mark Bass. :)