Show us your (guitar) rig

or amp whatever you want to call it

67 replies to this topic

#31 Jazzneck

I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • Interests:Stompin' Raw Country Blues and all the other cliches about family and stuff.

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

Sorry it's not the best pic in the world, but this is a little bit special to me.

#32 zapp

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

Ooooooo Zematis......now there's a blast from the distant. What is the amp? Valve? Liking the metal front :)
Fender Road Worn Tele
Stingray 4 3 eq

Fender Princeton 1968 non reverb
Eden ec28

Polytune tuner
Analogman Prince of Tone
Fulltone Octafuzz
Suhr Jack Rabbit
Boss Giga Delay
Tech21 Rotochoir

#33 Jazzneck

I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • Interests:Stompin' Raw Country Blues and all the other cliches about family and stuff.

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

Yup, it's a valve amp with an engraved front, hand built as a prototype along with, as I understand it, two others.
This one is the 30W and I believe the others were a 15W and a 5W (both valve amps) with different engraved patterns on the front.
This 30W matches the Japanese Z custom MF that i also am lucky to own.

Edited by Jazzneck, 06 April 2012 - 11:28 AM.

#34 ahpook

Just a $30 Reverend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,240 posts
  • Interests:Join the campaign for Unreal Rock !

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

here's my guitar set-up.

a 90s reissue fender jag and mid-80s squire tele, through a modest pedalboard (tuner > joyo ultimate drive > modded turbo rat > z-cat big reverb > boss dm-3 > ehx stereo memory man /hazarai), into a marshall 30w combo.

Edited by ahpook, 06 April 2012 - 11:41 AM.

#35 christopherbassmay

No longer a newbie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Eating.

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

here's my guitar rig at the moPosted ImagePosted Image
Basses:
Musicman bongo 6
Musicman Bongo 5
Status Series 2

Bass amps
Mesa titan v12
Mesa 8x10 powerhouse
Ashdown evo500 4x10 combo

Guitars:
Musicman jp6 Mystic dream fully loaded

Guitar amp:
Mesa boogie mk5
Mesa rectifier 2x12

#36 Bassnut62

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • Interests:I run a 6-9 piece disco/funk band in Notts. Let me know if you want a party band for a function or event - we travel thru East Midlands. Thanks

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

Here are my amps, you can just see a Fender Bassman 135 with 1x15 cab sneaking into pic - that gets used for bass or very loud guitar. Mostly I gig with the 1x12 MusicMan combo, sometimes with the Fender 1x15 underneath it.

The amp I use most of all is the little '57 Fender Champ clone by Caiman Agnew (boutique amp maker in Dublin); it's perfect for home use and recording.

The Blues junior is usually used for rehearsals as it's a lot lighter and quieter than the MusicMan.

I am into the tonal ideas that came from the genius of Mr Leo Fender. The fact that he considered the amp to be part of the instrument and therefore built both says it all - nobody else really seems to have nailed that idea.

Edited by Bassnut62, 23 December 2013 - 02:34 PM.

"Make my funk the P Funk....I want to get funked up!" (George Clinton, c.1974)

Band: https://www.facebook.com/discoprophets

[u]Feedback:
http://basschat.co.u...4109-bassnut62/

[u]Gear:
More than Mrs Bassnut knows about.....

#37 Angel

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Christian music and Fish fingers

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

Main amp for the past year has been an H&K Tubemeister, but I'm gonna flog it now. Doesn't get switched on at home since I bought an Axe-fx. I'll probably get a cab and poweramp for it at some point.

Main guitar is a Fender strat with Warmoth neck and Kinman pickups.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Angel, 12 November 2012 - 12:54 PM.

#38 Bassnut62

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • Interests:I run a 6-9 piece disco/funk band in Notts. Let me know if you want a party band for a function or event - we travel thru East Midlands. Thanks

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

View PostAngel, on 12 November 2012 - 12:34 PM, said:

Main amp for the past year has been an H&K Tubemeister, but I'm gonna flog it now. Doesn't get switched on at home since I bought an Axe-fx. I'll probably get a cab and poweramp for it at some point.

Posted Image

I went to see Dweezil Zappa play last night in Nottingham and I reckon that Axe-fx was what he was using with a power amp and a couple of 2x12 cabs. He had a great sound and some top-drawer fx on hand; not sure if they were coming from the Axe-fx or a bunch of boutique-looking pedals he was using too.
"Make my funk the P Funk....I want to get funked up!" (George Clinton, c.1974)

Band: https://www.facebook.com/discoprophets

[u]Feedback:
http://basschat.co.u...4109-bassnut62/

[u]Gear:
More than Mrs Bassnut knows about.....

#39 Kiwi

Big, bouncy and now officially "dangerous".

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,614 posts
  • Interests:DIY dentishtry. Competitive throat clearing, road raging at Chinese drivers.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

I gave up trying to take decent pictures. So here's my refurbished Chandler Custom Strat, Lexicon MPXG2 + R1 and Burman Pro501 combo. Last thing I need to do with the guitar is install a decent tremolo. The only one that does the job so far is the Stets trem but I don't like how it fussy and vintage it looks. A Wilkinson VS-100C would have been perfect but they aren't made any more.
Attached File  monthly_12_2012/post-2-0-05168200-1356171304.jpg   2.14MB
I'd include a pic of the Klein-clone but I haven't installed a control plate yet or resolved an issue fitting all the electronics in.
Bass: Self built 5-string semi hollow headless, '79 Alembic Series 1 graphite, '78 Musicman Stingray, '86 Pangborn Warlord graphite, '93 Pedulla Pentabuzz, '09 Shuker Headless 6 MIDI (signed by Lee Sklar, Doug Wimbish and Billy Sheehan),'00 Spector NS5CR, '90 Status Series 1 5 string.
Backline: EBS Microbass, FEA Labs Dual Band compressor, Future Impact bass synth, Zoom B3 into two Genz Benz Shuttle 6's and two fEARful F112 cabs, Trace Elliot Hexavalve, two Burman Pro4000HD 140w valve heads

Guitar: Alan Knight 'Hitmaker' tribute, Klein-berger replica with sustainer, Warmoth HSS Strat (signed by Nile Rodgers), Yamaha MSG Deluxe Mk 1, Yamaha MSG Deluxe Mk 2
Backline: Effectrode PC2A compressor, Empress Parametric Eq, Amptweaker Tight Rock, Joyo JF14 American Sound, Zoom G3X, Lexicon MPXG2 + R1 foot controller, Ibanez TSA5 x2 Burman Pro 501 50w combo and Fender Concert II (Rivera era)

Studio: Yamaha CS6R synth module, Axon AX100 pitch to MIDI, Burman GX3 preamp, Lexicon MPXG2 and MIDIman 16ch mixer, Ableton Live + soft synths

#40 Ed_S

Broad Yorkshire member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Interests:Basses, amps and cabs. Networks, hypervisors and SANs.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

My nice and simple (and cheap!) rig, kept just in case I should ever find myself back on guitar duties in a band (looking less and less likely the longer I leave it, but never say never). For the time being, it lives at the studios for our rhythm guitarist to use at rehearsals because it's better than it sitting in a cupboard doing nothing!

So yeah, Marshall MA50H and 1936. The MA series took a bit of stick for sounding duff, but I honestly think that was because people weren't getting them out of their bedrooms and opening them up. I'm yet to hear a straight-up 50+ watt valve guitar amp with no attenuation or fancy digital tricks sound as good at bedroom levels as it does when you let it breathe a bit. For good or for bad, this one certainly sounds like a Marshall to me!

Posted Image
• Basses • Fender, Spector, Yamaha, Ibanez • Bass Amps • Markbass, Ashdown, Mesa, GK, Peavey • Bass Cabs • Markbass, Barefaced • Guitars • ESP, Fender • Guitar Amps • Marshall, Peavey • Extras • Radial, EBS, Tech21, Hiscox, Boss, Digitech, Line 6

My feedback thread

#41 leftybassman392

Vogon Poet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts
  • Interests:Music, Photography, Cars, Computer Gaming, Mathematics.

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

Here's mine. I've owned and gigged more amps & guitars over the years than I care to think about, but right now this does everything I need. The guitar is a recently acquired Rob Williams custom build (see the separate thread for more info), and the amp is a Cornford Hurricane (20 watts). Couple of Boss pedals (CH1 chorus, GE-7 graphic that doubles as a booster, and a DD-3 delay), and away we go.

http://Posted Image
“We're fickle, stupid beings with poor memories and a great gift for self destruction.” Suzanne Collins.

Stuff that makes the music:
2009 Shuker Jazz 5 L/H
2003 SeiBass Original headless 5 L/H

Stuff that makes the noise:
GenzBenz Streamliner 600/ Vanderkley EXT112

My Feedback thread is HERE

#42 guzzibass

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=profile&id=674512179

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

Here's my 3 main gig tools...

Posted Image

Gretsch G5129, '98 Gibson Explorer, and bitsa Telecaster :)

...my pedal board....

Posted Image

Edited by guzzibass, 26 December 2012 - 03:30 PM.

#43 LukeFRC

Needs to get out more

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

straying here from the bass world it's like a whole other world here!

'81 L1000

'91 Streamer
'85 Thumb

Mesa Walkabout

feedback

#44 Beer of the Bass

I ought to be practicing really...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

Guzzibass, how do you find the Bigsby/3-saddle tele bridge combination on your bitsa tele? I've got a similar setup on my cheapy Axl, and it seems to retain the tele sound and feel well enough, but I find I need to keep the saddles well lubricated with graphite from a pencil to keep it in tune. The last guitar I had with a roller bridge was a wobbly, rattly nightmare and never actually rolled when using the vibrato, so I guess the tele bridge is a reasonable compromise.

#45 guzzibass

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=profile&id=674512179

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

View PostBeer of the Bass, on 26 December 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

Guzzibass, how do you find the Bigsby/3-saddle tele bridge combination on your bitsa tele? I've got a similar setup on my cheapy Axl, and it seems to retain the tele sound and feel well enough, but I find I need to keep the saddles well lubricated with graphite from a pencil to keep it in tune. The last guitar I had with a roller bridge was a wobbly, rattly nightmare and never actually rolled when using the vibrato, so I guess the tele bridge is a reasonable compromise.

Actually it's rock solid and so is the tuning - I've never had any trouble with it. Testament to the guy who fitted it I guess...!!

#46 Angel

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Christian music and Fish fingers

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

This is all I use right now, several guitar amps sat unused this year

Posted Image

#47 Bilbo

Bilbo

• Members
  • 7,860 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

This

Posted Image

through this

Posted Image
I don't think, therefore I am not...

On with the dance and let the joy be unconfined (whether there's any dance to dance or any joy to unconfine)

Wal Custom Fretless 4 string, Czech 3/4 5 string double bass from Gedo Musik, Acoustic Image Clarus and Ten2EX extension cabinet

Basschat Terms & Conditions
Bilbo's Second Breakfast - feedback thread
www.myspace.com/bilbopalmer
Bilbo's Soundcloud page
http://jazzeast.vpwe....uk/?prefix=www

LEARNTOREADMUSIC

#48 skankdelvar

Tame Sesquipedalian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,949 posts
  • Interests:Clause wrangling

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

This

Posted Image

Excellent choice, Bilbo. I love ES-175's ...(Rubs knees lasciviously)

#49 leftybassman392

Vogon Poet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts
  • Interests:Music, Photography, Cars, Computer Gaming, Mathematics.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

Used to have a 175 (It was actually a Heritage 575 as it happens, but since it was made using the original Gibson jigs by former Gibson employees you'd have to say it was the next best thing). Straight into a Polytone Mini Brute IV.

I did solo dinner/function jazz gigs with it. Lovely, lovely guitar. I sometimes wish I'd never sold it, but needs dictated at the time.
“We're fickle, stupid beings with poor memories and a great gift for self destruction.” Suzanne Collins.

Stuff that makes the music:
2009 Shuker Jazz 5 L/H
2003 SeiBass Original headless 5 L/H

Stuff that makes the noise:
GenzBenz Streamliner 600/ Vanderkley EXT112

My Feedback thread is HERE

#50 Bilbo

Bilbo

• Members
  • 7,860 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

I regularly look at mine because I want a Wal 5 or 6 string but I can' t let it go, I love it too much.
I don't think, therefore I am not...

On with the dance and let the joy be unconfined (whether there's any dance to dance or any joy to unconfine)

Wal Custom Fretless 4 string, Czech 3/4 5 string double bass from Gedo Musik, Acoustic Image Clarus and Ten2EX extension cabinet

Basschat Terms & Conditions
Bilbo's Second Breakfast - feedback thread
www.myspace.com/bilbopalmer
Bilbo's Soundcloud page
http://jazzeast.vpwe....uk/?prefix=www

LEARNTOREADMUSIC

#51 DaytonaRik

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Interests:Music, motorbikes, bike rallies, cinema, gigs, ice hockey, snowboarding, F1, cycling

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:31 PM

My pride and joy -

Top to bottom -

Audio Technica ATW 3110 wireless
Korg Rack Tuner
Marshall JMP-1midi valve pre-amp
Rocktron Intellifex LTD multi-fx
DB Technologies IEM 2200
Marshall 9100 dual monoblock valve power amp

All running into a Marshall1960A 4x12 in stereo close mic'd with AKG PP416 condenser mics and controlled via an ART X-11 midi footswitch

Attached File  monthly_12_2013/post-32613-0-39342200-1386278858.jpg   76.86K

Edited by DaytonaRik, 05 December 2013 - 09:34 PM.

Limelight "Lynott" replica, 80's Tokai Hard Puncher, Bass Collection SB310, Rockburn Precision copy
Ashdown ABM 500 Evo III Head, Ashdown ABM Neo 2x10 Cab, Ashdown ABM Neo 1x15 cab, Ashdown MiBass 220

Like Think Lizzy on FaceBook - https://www.facebook...547183632049536

Follow Think Lizzy on Twitter - @think_lizzy

Visit Think Lizzy's web page - http://www.thinklizzy.co.uk

#52 H_Bass

No longer a newbie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Guitars. Amps. Pedals. Curly cables.

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:00 PM

My main players are a Heritage H-150CM and a PRS Swamp Ash Studio. My self-built Vibrolux Reverb is my go-to amp these days.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
'03 Heritage H-535 ASB, '90 Heritage H-150CM ASB, '91 Heritage Eagle ASB, '12 PRS Swamp Ash Studio,
'04 Gibson Hummingbird, Squier P90 Tele, Squier Precision Bitsa-Bass, Ovation Celebrity, ElectraBird Custom
Self-built Tweed Deluxe - 'The Limey', Self-built brownface Vibrolux Reverb

Posted ImagePosted Image

#53 OldG

sinistral

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:sex and drugs and rock and roll...

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:59 AM

There are some great rigs here! I'll throw some budget gear into the pot...

My bitza Strat - The guitar is made from a budget Tanglewood strat body, cheapie Wesley maple neck, GFS Mean 90 bridge and neck pickups with GFS lipstick in the middle... upgrade electrics and Wikinson hardware.

The amp is a Super Champ X2... together they sound like this https://soundcloud.com/mick-hastings/p90-pickup-demo

Posted Image
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery - none but ourselves can free our minds...

Nesta Robert Marley (6 February 1945 – 11 May 1981)

#54 Freddy Le Cragg

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:56 PM

Posted Image
One of these....

Posted Image
Into one of these.

A GLX100 combo that got chopped down into a head and a Laney extreme 4x12. I also use this cab with a 2x10 for bass duties and it copes with any signal I chuck through it. Guitar wise, I have a Indie Jaguar copy, a 94 Squire Strat and a knackered Epi Les Paul.
Fender Jazz | Squier Precision | Carlsboro X150 | Kustom 2x15 | Carlsboro 150 Power Amp.
Going solo.........

#55 Che

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Harley Benton guitars and basses, natural beekeeping, self-sufficient homesteading

Posted 17 October 2015 - 09:18 AM

Im a bed-room musician, a relative beginner that is, so keep my "rig" very affordable and "just what I need right now" for practice and some recording.

Here is my practice amp Kustom PH2012R which is a 20 watt amp but comes with a 12" Kustom speaker which sounds awesome. This amp has a Reverb which is another plus. For the price you cant find better solid state with a 12" speaker, IMO. Behind is the Harley Benton CG-15 Watt with a 6,5" speaker. Loud amp non-the-less. I use both for stereo playing. My Digitech RP70 has 2 line out for stereo playing which is a great feature and great sounding multi processor pedal, I love it. I mean this pedal sounds so good it make me play every day (I cant motivate myself to play if the sound is crap)
Posted Image

You have maybe seen my guitars in the other thread but anyway here it is again;
Posted Image
"Guitar is a piece of wood with strings on it, there is no rule book attached to it"
My gear;
Harley Benton JB-75NA Bass
Harley Benton ST-20 Reliced
Harley Benton L-450Plus Honeyburst
Harley Benton SC-550 Paradise Amber Flame
Harley Benton CG200CE classical guitar (with preamp)
My soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/papa-dusko/

#56 lateralus462

Bloody hell Vim, it's a marshall!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 10:52 AM

This is my current rig - the guitars are a heavily modifed mid nineties japanese Jackson fusion (pretty much a dinky but with gibson 24-3/4" scale length) and a 1980 Yamaha SG1000.

The amp is a 50 watt Marshall DSL which I love to bits - pedalwise I have a lot of the stuff in the pic for sale because my pedalboard takes up to much space on the tiny stages my band tends to play and weghs more than the sun!!! Thinking of switching over to something like the digitech gsp1101 or tc electronic gmajor with a small midi controller on stage and midi controlled bypass loops for dirt pedals etc. in the rack - basically trying to acheive what I have at the moment in a lighter more compact package.
Posted Image

#57 fretmeister

Dirty Slapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts
  • Interests:Magic. Rugby. Motorsport. Films. Quiz Shows. Sculpture.

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:21 PM

My Friedman Mini Dirty Shirley with Zilla Studio Pro 2x12.

Usually fed with a selection of fuzz and overdrives, with a strat. And a univibe of course.

Wondering how to count in 15/4

#58 Passinwind

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 01:45 AM

This is my Heritage H204D, fitted with a Roland synth pickup. The amp is an early 80s Fender 30, one of Fender's first channel switching all tube amps. Every few years I mod it one way or another, and it is currently wired like a blackface Vibrolux Reverb without the tremolo circuit.

Posted Image
--Charlie Escher

#59 nigec

No longer a newbie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Music, motorbikes, 3D art

Posted 04 July 2016 - 05:59 PM

nothing exciting, its a Classic Vib 60's Stat with phase switching, I'm also building a Jazz rep bass but that's no were near picture ready, I'm trying to decide on the finish
I use a Fender Mustang Mk 1 Amp

#60 sk8

Currently playing bass for BoF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:52 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image
Basses - Fender American 2008 Standard P, ACG J Type Custom, Zoot Talisman Custom Tele Bass, Godin A4 Ultra
Amps and Cabs - Bugera 1960, Purple Chili V15, AER Amp One, EHX Magnum 44
Pedals - Polytune mini, EHX Nano POG and Switchblade+, Maxon CP9Pro+, Wee Lush Mixie Loopy, EQD Acapulco Clone, Noble Pre Amp
Line6 Sonic Port, Jamup and BIAS
StageClix Wireless, Hercules Stands, OBBM Cables

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users