Why become a member? ×

ashdown drive plus overdrive pedal

Kev

Had one, sold it pretty quickly. It's much more a fuzz than a distortion and in no way would I describe it as an overdrive and despite having low and hi frequency filters loses a fair bit of bass frequencies.

There are better fuzzes, distortions and overdrives in my opinion

I had a shot of the Ashdown compressor in Soundcontrol a wee while back and was incredibly unimpressed by the build quality, especially around the VU meter. I think the meters are PCB surface mounted, and don't appear to be screwed onto the casing, which would make it very very easy for a stray foot to put the VU meter in and do some damage to the circuit board. Not to mention the gap around the VU meter being a major vulnerability point for stray pints!

[quote name='twentyhertz' post='17453' date='Jun 14 2007, 11:13 AM']I had a shot of the Ashdown compressor in Soundcontrol a wee while back and was incredibly unimpressed by the build quality, especially around the VU meter. I think the meters are PCB surface mounted, and don't appear to be screwed onto the casing, which would make it very very easy for a stray foot to put the VU meter in and do some damage to the circuit board. Not to mention the gap around the VU meter being a major vulnerability point for stray pints![/quote]

The VU meter is held in place by double-sided tape. I took a look inside my drive plus... I don't use it

• 10 years later...

No takers over the years!? VERY surprised? Tried just about every pedal going over the years until I tried a couple of Darkglass’s. Serious pedals (instant production & gratification)  BUT you get THE sound everyone has nowadays and really, just not convinced.. 

The @Ashdown Engineering is all about response so it demands to be practiced for months to ‘get’ it.

Sure, get a pick out and strum like an unknowing thug and fuzz is all you’ll get. Dynamics will lift your game. Fingerstyle will definitely give you a tone and timbre that can be truely tuned. Fine tune the Hi gain then figure where on the string and how hard to pick/ strike is best to get a tone!!! Basics!! ...and nevermind being sidetracked with HPF scientific -20hz debates 😂😂

963354E3-72C3-447A-A6B4-B8A219A0AD73.jpeg

Edited by VAMPYRE 5