Why become a member? ×

Help with pedal choice

FJ1200

The POD XTL is good for some things, but theres a bit missing and I'm not a huge user of pedals but the Korg AX3000B has given me some ideas so I'd like people's opinions on the best way to go cos looking at the pedal boards on here there are more experienced people out there with them than me!

I'm considering:

Pitch Shifter
Slow Attack
Looper

Don't have a buge budget - OK - I don't have ANY budget - but need to know what I'm planning on spending.

Pitch Shifter - Digitech Whammy - I bought an XP-100 for £70 and it has loads of extra stuff on there and sounds at least as good as the WH4. The WH4 is the current model which is quite expensive IMO.

Slow Attack - This is something I really want. The only thing i've managed to find is a "build your own" Boss Slow Gear. It's built into the boss multi-effects as well but apparently their pitch shifting leaves less to be desired.

Looper - As in a sample/repeat thingy?

I'm sure there'll be someone with a bit more knowledge who can advise on a slow attack pedal you can buy and a looper that's good.

[quote name='BassManKev' post='168939' date='Apr 3 2008, 10:03 AM']what do you mean by looper, an effects loop or a sample loop?[/quote]
Sample loop

There's a slow attack on the Korg AX3000B that's gorgeous, and I want one, but there's not much else on there that's not on the POD.

I know the Zoom B2-range have a slow attack, but haven't sampled them. Any takers on that one? they are pretty cheap.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='169108' date='Apr 3 2008, 12:54 PM']I have a B2 and I'm quite embarrased to only just find out it has a slow attack. I'll try it when I get a chance.[/quote]

Having said that....

Looks like it doesn't. :) Which is odd, I was looking at the B2.1u before getting the POD and it was one of the things that drew me to it.... must have been looking at the wrong thing somewhere then. :huh:

[quote name='cheddatom' post='169147' date='Apr 3 2008, 01:26 PM']Theres a big new zoom bass pedal coming out that might have it?[/quote]

The B9.2U or something? Depending on how good it is I may trade my POD in.... may not, mind. Might have to have them both!

GASsing again!