Why become a member? ×

Rotosound

paul_5

I bought some Roto strings last week, put them on my bass only to find that the 'G' string was pretty dead. I emailed the company, and they're sending me out a replacement today.

I'd say that's pretty good customer service. :)

That is all.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1326796478' post='1501960']
Used them for thirty-odd years, but [b][u]the quality is not what it was[/u][/b]. Use DR Fat Beams now.
[/quote]

I've noticed that as well, glad its not just me, they clank like cheapos, and just go dead quicker than they used to, Started using Warwick Reds now,

After using Rotos for the majority of the last 24 years I've switched to D 'Addario's. Rotos definitely don't last as long as they once did. The last set of Roto rounds were past the point of my liking in about 10 hours of playing. D' Addario's seem to last 4 maybe 5 times longer. I have a set of DR Neons on my Sringray at the moment, it'll be interesting to see how long they last because they sound fantastic!

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1326795019' post='1501931']
I bought some Roto strings last week, put them on my bass only to find that the 'G' string was pretty dead.
[/quote]

Had the same problem with a number of packs of Rotos, that's why I stopped buying 'em.
+1 for the Warwick reds. Total value for money and they last! :D

Hmmm, I use Roto rounds, and love them. I don`t like them when they are new, but once they`re about 6 months old - and older - that`s when they`re good.

At this point, they sound like flats, but I just can`t get on with flats, so old Rotos are the best for me. They`re way cheaper than a set of flats too.

I`ve now had a set on one of my Precisions for over 2 years, and still like the sound.

I like Rotosound 66 but I would say Elites are more consistent in quality. However, I prefer the gauge mix Rotosound offer, it's more balanced for tension (45 65 80 105 or 50 70 85 110)) compared to 45 65 85 105 or 50 70 90 110 offered by most other brands....

Edited by WarrenD

I always used to use rotos. Then ernie balls and now DR strings. I used to have them on forever and I really liked the sound (although horrible when new). I might dig out an old set and whack them on my precision just for old times sake :)

Edited by gjones

Hi guys,
Jason How from Rotosound here !
Just interested to hear your comments and if you have any questions feel free to ask?
Just so you all know around 7 years ago we introduced new computer controlled string winding machines (that I designed and built) these machines replaced my fathers machines form the late 1960's.
For Rotosound to stay competitive we went from hand winding the strings to automated winding,if we hadn't the cost to the end user would have been way too high!
At this time a number of string sets went out to a lot of our endorsees for testing.We had very favourable comments back and thats the way the strings are made now.The consistency is far superior.
With any defective strings we always offer to replace them so please let me know if you would like me to sort this for any of you? Go to the Rotosound website or message on here.I would be happy to help !
Many thanks
Jason How

Fantastic! :D Very generous indeed, thank you!

How about a set for everyone who posted in this topic before your post and the rest first come first served?
Is that fair? You can post them all to me and I'll make sure everyone gets them, if you like.
Or whatever is best for you. What does anyone else think? :)

Thanks again, Jason.

Edited by discreet