Why become a member? ×

Danelectro DJ-12 Chillidog

eude

I'm looking to get hold of a dirt cheap octave down pedal that tracks OK down to B on the A string.
These little things get a favourable review on BassPlayer.com >>
[url="http://www.bassplayer.com/article/danelectro-dj-12/Dec-06/24436"]http://www.bassplayer.com/article/danelect...12/Dec-06/24436[/url]

Anyone used one?

I know the housing is crappy, but if it's worth it, I might re-house it...

Cheers,
Eude

I haven't used it but feel the need to defent the danelectro housings. They might be plastic but you'd have to be a fat f*cker that jumps on his pedals to break them - and you don't come accross many guys that size with that amount of energy.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='169106' date='Apr 3 2008, 12:53 PM']I haven't used it but feel the need to defent the danelectro housings. They might be plastic but you'd have to be a fat f*cker that jumps on his pedals to break them - and you don't come accross many guys that size with that amount of energy.[/quote]

Ha ha :)
Cheers for that dude.

I've read a few reviews saying that the switch can be a bit unpredictable, what's your experience of them been like?

Cheers,
Eude

Well, the switch isn't as nice as when you step on an EH pedal and you feel it click, but if you can't tell when you've turned your pedal on......

I find everything from a light tap with my big toe to a large stomp with my heel will successfully operate the switch.

I have my french toast in a loop, and it has no LED and you can't tell when you've switched it if you're not using the loop it's in, so I guess it is a tad annoying.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='169150' date='Apr 3 2008, 02:28 PM']Well, the switch isn't as nice as when you step on an EH pedal and you feel it click, but if you can't tell when you've turned your pedal on......

I find everything from a light tap with my big toe to a large stomp with my heel will successfully operate the switch.

I have my french toast in a loop, and it has no LED and you can't tell when you've switched it if you're not using the loop it's in, so I guess it is a tad annoying.[/quote]

Thanks for that mate, really appreciate your input.

I think and LED and a nicer switch might be worth it in the long run, but I'll wait and see if the pedal can do what I need.

Cheers,
Eude