Why become a member? ×

Left-handed Bass Guitar Big bash Day!!!! Sunday 1st April 2012

patch006

Hi All

We now have a date and a venue for our lefty bass bash.

Sunday April 1st ( no fools please! )

The Porridge Pot
Warwick
CV346RA

We already have around 40 lefty basses confirmed to be there, with Bass direct and possibly Bass Gear attending with some lovely gear.

If any one knows of any left handed bass players can you give them a shout about this, its not to be missed, its a great chance to see some great basses.

Regards

Patrick

Edited by patch006

[quote name='throwoff' timestamp='1327916529' post='1518553']
This is going to be epic.

My old man and brother (both guitarists) are coming as well just to see a room full of lefties!

Does anyone know a close hotel (ideally walking distance) I might stay up the night and enjoy a drink.
[/quote]

It's not far from the town centre. I'm pretty sure there's a hotel on the same site. If enough people want to stay over we may be able to negotiate a party rate.

Some people are travelling long distances to get there. If any of you think you may want to stop overnight can you let Patch or myself know so that we can try to organise something? Ta.

While I'm on the mic, if you haven't already done so can you please let Patch know via PM if you are definitely coming. There's no entry charge, but we need to get an accurate idea of numbers. We will assume you want the buffet unless you tell us otherwise (so have your folding ready please - £7 rather than £6 for the full spread - slight miscommunication on my part, sorry). If you want more the venue does full meals (at normal prices of course). Any questions, please ask.

Edited by leftybassman392

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1328032898' post='1520650']
Just been talking to Patch about this. I'm moving house on the 1st but might be able to come for a little while. I'm trying to sort out some BC goodies for the show.

Cheers
[/quote]

That would be great if you can - we'll make you an honorary lefty for the day! B)

Well I'm pretty useless right handed so might as well give it a shot the other way around. I can actually eat with my knife and fork the other way round, too. No problem.

Warwick is just up the M40 for me (Maidenhead) so I'll do my best to come along and meet you all..

ped

[quote name='Mark Dyer' timestamp='1328044329' post='1520951']
May be a good opportunity to time my purchase of a new rig from Bass Direct with this event.

Has anyone invited Macca?
[/quote]

Bass Direct will be there with some of their gear. Macca, sadly, won't. We took the executive decision at an early stage that we weren't going to invite any superannuated has-beens. :yarr: If he turns up unannounced and wants to donate some of his fortune to the cause, that'll be different of course. :crigon_04:

[quote name='leftybassman392' timestamp='1328215973' post='1524003']
No worries. We'll just take lots of photos of the gear so you'll know what you missed. :lol:
[/quote]
thanks mate. A few vids would be good too. I like to see/hear varied styles of playing.

Always influencing to witness fellow bassists ;)

Info update: I've started to get requests from people wanting to come but having issues with transport.

I have a suggestion that may make lives easier:

[size=5][b]If you want to come but are having such difficulties, can you post on here to ask for a lift?[/b][/size]

[size=5][b]If you know you are coming and think you will have some space in your vehicle, can you likewise post to offer the space if possible?[/b][/size]

[size=5][b]It's reasonable to ask for a few bob to help cover fuel, and it's not a bad idea to offer even if it's not asked for.[/b][/size]

[size=5][b]And at the risk of stating the bleedin' obvious, don't forget to tell us where you're coming from.[/b][/size]

Hello fellow lefties. As Andy has posted above, I am one of the ones with travel issues.
I live in Birkenhead and would be grateful if anyone (who is attending the bash and passes near to where I live) could give me and my gear a lift.

It would be a pleasure to donate to the fuel costs.

If anyone can help out then please send me a PM.

Cheers

Steve.

[quote name='yorick' timestamp='1329199752' post='1538583']
I know i'm only in Birmingham, If anyone's driving through, can I scam a lift? Happy to share fuel costs etc. Means I can bring more stuff!!!
[/quote]

Despite my non-weirdo playing style - I may frequent this bash. If so you've got a lift :). I will however bring some non cack-handed instruments so I don't feel totally freaked out.

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1329205794' post='1538603']
Despite my non-weirdo playing style - I may frequent this bash. If so you've got a lift :). I will however bring some non cack-handed instruments so I don't feel totally freaked out.
[/quote]

If you give me a lift, you can try out my Dean Pace...... how's that for bribery!!!