Why become a member? ×

Too Shy Kajagoogoo...Nick Beggs master tab....is it erm. correct?

iconic

Hmm,

yes you may wince at the thought, but this olde does have a great bassline (well it is the song ;) ) and Mr Beggs must have dined out on this riff for many years and for years to come, and I thought, well after a bit of KC and the Sunshine band and Edwin Starr noodling this would make a change for me.

He published the original master bass tab in 'bass guitar' magazine some years back, I know he did 'cos I saw a copy of it.

...but this 'master' tab it never seems right to my ears, it's the verse mainly, although not limited to it, just doesn't sound right to my admitedly very tone deaf ear's...I'm sure I have been here before with this tune....I can play it acceptably (to a low standard!) by ear, but if I use the tab well, you know...

here ya go, try it for yaself and report back....maybe me?

[url="http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/k/kajagoogoo/too_shy_ver2_btab.htm"]http://tabs.ultimate...y_ver2_btab.htm[/url]

cheers

Edited by iconic

[quote name='Higgie' timestamp='1328313578' post='1525570']
I actually got to play this with Limahl a couple of weeks back :) I used the Beggs transcription but just made some changes by ear as it didn't sit right with me either. He seemed to like my version :)
[/quote]

ooooh get you :P

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1328351008' post='1525779']
Apropos of nothing at all, I bought a black Wal Pro IIe from Silverfoxnik a couple of years ago, and sold it to Clarky six months later.

The following year, I discovered that it was Nick's original Wal, the one he played [i]Too Shy [/i]on.
[/quote] and all this time I thought it was a MM...well I never

I was playing Too Shy on my Wal when it was in the charts. All the time thinking," Not a bad tone impersonation considering I don't have a MM" haha

Edited by leftyhook

Nick's playing some stuff with Steve Wilson right now. my friend ian's doing the sound....They all went into a cafe during a break in the tour and Too Shy was playing.. Ian said 'Don't you get pissed off listening to that song?' Nick said, I would, but this year (2011) it's earned me just over £20,000 so far.....

[quote name='jackduran' timestamp='1329951878' post='1550466']
I can play the intro, learnt it by ear and it sounds right with the track, though not attempted the rest of it yet with my very limited slap skills! Thank for posting.
[/quote]

piece of Pi** slapping this. Nice tho. Great player, Mr Beggs

£20,000!!!!!!

• 2 years later...

2015 thread resurrection time!

I still can't nail this and every year I have a go. Had a noodle this all morning and had a copy of the Hal Leonard chords to help me over the bass tab which appeared in a mag' and I still think isn't 100% incorrect.

Anyway a guy comes to view a car I have for sale later on in the morning, whilst I'm still struggling with this song and says "ohh do you play bass, I know Nick Beggs" :o :o B) B) ...turns out he works for Nicks record company and but also as things would happen remembers watching Kajagoogoo in the 80's with his mate, the only two guys in a sea of screaming girlies...

says Nick is a very nice guy indeed.

that's all.....it really is a small world....

latest 24/1/15 @ 14:55...yup I've finally got it, taken me years....the problem is that there are two bass lines going on at once, bass and a synth bass, somewhere in the middle is something which is we know as Too Shy....more the melody on bass I suppose.

Edited by iconic