Why become a member? ×

Recommend me a London based Luthier / Bass tech

JamieBenzies

Hi everyone,

My Yamaha TRB fretless is in pretty poor shape and I need to find a honest and skilled Luthier to sort out some issues and get the bass in shape again. I'm living in central London at the moment so there is quite a range of people to choose from (as I saw in the pinned thread), but I would like your direct recommendations as obviously different luthiers have different specialities and talents.

The truss rod seems to be acting up and furthermore the allen key socket just broke after some reckless attempts to sort the neck out, so this is the most important issue to attend to. Aside from that I would like a general going over, tidying and cleaning up electronics as well as a possible fingerboard varnishing. Whether I get all this done is largely dependent on the cost so a reasonably priced Luthier would be fantastic.

I eagerly await your recommendations! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

New to this malarkey! And so starting out again with a Harley Benton HB-60 bass. I'll be looking for new strings and a very economic initial setup, if possible. I wondered who people might recommend for such work, in Greater London. Or a little bit outside if it saves me bucks and gets me out of the house! Many thanks.

[quote name='tracktionmonkey' timestamp='1440973545' post='2855093']
Thanks for the tip. Denmark St. is always a pleasure to visit. As long as the developers allow us to hang on to our history!
[/quote]

Agreed!

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1440974850' post='2855101']
Graham Noden in Denmark street . ;) same building ??
[/quote]

Graham Noden is in the Basement of the old 'Andy's' shop on the corner I think. Now Hank's or something.