Why become a member? ×

Stagg in da house!

OldGit

[quote name='Maxcat' post='248624' date='Jul 26 2008, 08:31 PM']Happy for you mate. Sounds like you've got it sussed. Ive added a few more numbers to the repertoire (total 8 out of the set) but wouldn't welcome a full gig on the beast. One of the new ones is the Waterboys Fishermans Blues on the Stagg and the slides are fabtastic Weve been recording the gigs as well and Ive been really impressed with the sound of the Stagg. I think that the sound while not quite acoustic, comes close with a really nice percussive whack. Weve picked up a bargain there. Love the Homburg. Stagg on.[/quote]

Well I will see when I hear the recording.
:)

• 1 month later...

[quote name='OldGit' post='248658' date='Jul 26 2008, 10:02 PM']Well I will see when I hear the recording.
:)[/quote]

Ah... teh recording showed up ..

The Stagg sounds great .. That's the good news ..
The bad news is that about 75% of my playing is out of tune due to not getting my fingers in the right place .. the open string notes are fine :huh:

Oh dear ..
JakeBass has suggested a few exercises so I think I'll be doing those for a few weeks before the next gig I have with this band, and making sure I can hear myself much better.

• 5 months later...

Gigged the Stagg again last Saturday.
Another dep for the acoustic band. I just took the Stagg so I had to play it all night and just about managed it. My arm's aching a bit today and my plucking fingers are sufferring a bit.

I had a problem with the side markers as they dissapeared under stage lights .. luckily I had some florescent green stickers marking the 9th an 12th er "fret" position on the treble side so I just snipped off little bits of those and stuck them over the white side markers on the bass side between the first and second dances..

That sorted it. Phew!

Another gig for them on Saturday so hopefully the muscles will be better by then :)

I've just started learning to play on my Stagg, the sound I get when bowing sounds quite nice, to me anyway. I'll try and record something this week, by the way I have a Carbon bow bought off Ebay cost me about £50 last year [url="http://tinyurl.com/c57xbv"]ebay link[/url]

It vibrates and comes through the amp sounds great.

cheers

Kembo

[quote name='jakesbass' post='172480' date='Apr 8 2008, 05:16 PM']I'd be surprised if you were able to get a decent tone out of an EUB with a bow (I would be happy to be proved wrong) but so much arco tone is related to the vibration being transferred into and amplified by the wood that to amplify the strings beng scratched alone is a fairly frightening prospect to me.
Anyone had a good experience with bow and EUB?
Jake
PS OG I'll be happy to give you a few pointers on holding a (French) bow if you get one. I don't do German.[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

I went to PMT music in Salford, Manchester on Saturday Evening. It used to be called Sound Control or something

They had 2 Eastcoast (Stagg) EDB's in stock £299, I asked the Stagg guy in the shop, he said they make sure they always have 2 in stock.

There are the contact details below

cheers

kembo

Unit 5, The Red Rose Centre
Regent Road
Salford, M5 3GR

Tel: 0161 8776262
Fax: 0161 8776363
Education: 0161 8764193
email: [email protected]

• 3 months later...