Why become a member? ×

patch cables

steve

I'm about to invest in some patch cables. George L's right angle plugs look ideal in terms of size and design, but I've heard mixed reports about putting them together.

Can anyone share their experiences regarding making up the cables, sound quality, alternative solderless plugs etc etc.

I have some Van Damme instrument cable which I picked up cheap, is there any reason why I shouldn't use this?

thanks

Can't vouch for George L plugs, never met 'em, but Van Damme is good stuff.

I ran up a few patch leads using Van Damme cable & Neutrik right-angled plugs & they're fine although the Neutriks have their quirks in assembly.

If you're starting from scratch then the OBBM route is a good choice - never heard a bad word said about his cables.

Pete.

+1 for the Van Damme - Great quality without costing an arm & a leg.

I've always been dubious about solderless connections, as a bit of oxidation between the contacts can turn into an insulator. Stick with Switchcraft, Neutrik, Cliff etc. and you'll not go far wrong

Andy

Thanks for the replies, but since I already have the VD cable, I don't want to be shelling out for ready made cables.

One of the attractive features of the george L's was the small plugs. I've decided to try some straight jack plugs with plastic covers, which I can modify, and the super slim metal right angle ones.