Why become a member? ×

Long time lurker, first time poster!

jon_kemo

Hi all! Thought I'd better finally introduce myself on here as I've lurked without posting for about a year now! Bought and sold a few things on the old sites too so thought it best to start contributing!

Right, about me! Im 19, live in Lincoln (yes there are more of us here than we thought!) and have been playing bass for about 18 months now and am currently gigging with a Classic Rock/Metal covers band based in Chesterfield called Nightowl, (check us out at www.nightowl.xbuild.com), however I will have to leave them soon as I'm off to uni in Norwich in September but hope to find another band there!

Onto my what seems like ever changing gear due to the constant state of GAS I've got from these forums!

MarkBass Little Mark II head (only got it Monday but it seems awesome!)
Ashdown Mini 48 Cab (not my cup of tea to be honest, may sell soon!)
Trace Elliot BLX80 (good little amp has served me well so far)

Japanese Fender Precision (main bass, bought from Homer of these boards last October)
Tokai Thunderbird (love the sound of this but can't cope with the neck dive!)
Cort GB74 (lovely bass but having a few issues with it re: sound and a terrible/dead sounding E string)
Shine Jazz Bass Copy (my first bass, very good for the price and an excellent starter bass)

Behringer BLE100 Limiter Enhancer (yes its Behringer but it does its job well)
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah (used very sparingly but I'm experimenting more with it!)

Also, in the next few days I shall hopefully be receiving a Flitesound 15" cab from BB2000 from this forum!

Well I hope that gives you some idea, sorry if it has gone on a bit!

Cheers, Jon

[quote name='Chop' post='18375' date='Jun 15 2007, 04:21 PM']- Whats with all the bassists in Lincoln??[/quote]
Very flat, Lincolnshire. Sound travels, especially at night. Step outdoors as darkness descends, and you can hear it: an eerie rumble, rolling across the open fields. 'Tis the fenland bassists, calling to one another....