Why become a member? ×

Hartke Kilo 2 versions??????

dannyt144

Hi

I am in the process of ordering the new hartke kilo.... Yum!!!

However i have seen that their are 2 different versions

version A) - http://www.samsontech.com/site_media/legacy_docs/Hartke-Kilo.jpg -

I am told that this is the 'old' model and that hartke have intoduced a new version

Version B) - http://www.imusician.co.uk/acatalog/00064403.jpg

I am told that this is the new version??

I am not sure who to believe. I have been told this by the Main Stockist of Hartke in the uk but cannot find any info of different versions and on the actual hartke website it still displays the 'old' version ??? i thought on the hartke site they would be the first to update their site with a new model kilo??

Any help greatly apreciated, at a tad under 700 its something i wont to be sure of!

Regards
Danny

It is odd isn't it...

Probably the best bet would be to have a quick chat with the good folks at Korg(UK)Ltd - they're the UK distributors for Hartke.
They're always been reported as being dead helpful here on BC when people are after advce or spare parts so this should be dead easy for them to answer.

Korg(UK)Ltd.
Tel: 01908 304600
Email: [email protected]

Hi all - it's true, the 'old' version was [i]never[/i] put in to production despite the advertising and marketing blurb being sent to online stores etc. Thing is, the original design was pulled a loooooooong time ago due to Larry Hartke wanting to redesign the head. So, it's bad form for these online stores to have not bothered updating their sites with the new and correct specifications. The Kilo has been out for a while now. I received mine back in October and it has been delivering by the truck load. - I've even done a review of it in the...errr... reviews section! (Pictures n' all!)

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/167916-hartke-kilo-1000w-bass-head/

• 10 months later...

I bought one of the first ones in the UK and it is the one in the second picture..
There was a different version on the websites at the time, and the first image looks familiar, so I'd say that the guys are right and this was the pre-launch model.

I'd be interested to see if there is a new one on the way. A terrific piece of kit, although bloody heavy!

Dave

[quote name='Kong' timestamp='1358190959' post='1934616']
If you want information about hartke stuff, call Larry!

201-680-8153

Don't know the code for USA, but this is his actual number. He will answer the phone.
[/quote]

+01 for the USA

I phoned him once but he didn't pick up, (probably busy) and left him a message saying how chuffed I was with my new rig (Transient Attack model 1000 and Pro 4200 cab). That amp's been gone a few years now but I'd gladly have it back if circumstances demanded.

The Kilo is an amazing sounding amp though - I'd been playing through other amps recently (gig provided ones etc) and on getting back to my Kilo, there was a noticeable improvement in tonal girth! They just have that weight in the sound - perceived girth and guts - whereas a lot of D Class amps for example can go loud, I've noticed they can sound thinner in comparison. That's my honest view.

I run bridged / dual mono or if I'm doing a bit of noodling I run in full stereo in to two cabinets via the Zoom B3. No issues whatsoever with the bridge mode. I use that mainly live at gig level and it's good down to 4 Ohms!