Why become a member? ×

Got an ACG? got a webcam? I've got a favour to ask...

LukeFRC

So you have an amazing bass Alan built for you. Awesome.
With a brilliant preamp in it.

And I am sat here wondering about your bass, and the preamp in it. And there is nothing on the net I can find with examples of ACG's.
and I really really want to.
So if you have an ACG, and some way of recording them, fancy doing a wee video to show it off, go on, you just spent all that money on an awesome bass, show it off.... esp highlighting the preamp and how you use that.

That would be great!

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1330013261' post='1551436']
I'm sure there are some samples on yt.... I know for sure there are some live performances. I'd find you the links only I'm on my phone.
[/quote]
[quote name='GreeneKing' timestamp='1330015524' post='1551500']
I did a fairly amateur thread on here many years ago. Hopefully it's lost in the mists of time :D
[/quote]
I've looked, I can't find any, or in Greenking's case, there's no video I could find on ACG Preamp thread you started.

[quote name='Cairobill' timestamp='1330018454' post='1551569']
I did a demo of my old acg specifically demo'ing the power of the eq01. I think I still have it, I'll stick it up on youtube tonight...

Cheers

Nick
[/quote]

I heard you had but it wasn't around anymore, if you still have it that would be amazing!

Yeah that was a great demo. Thanks for sharing.

Actually Luke you aren't too far away from chez Cringean. Why don't you give him a bell and see if he can spare some time to give you a guided tour and explain the filter in more depth. He's a top bloke and is usually always up for a natter of the bass variety. If you don't end up ordering something on the spot, the very least you'll come away with are few more tidbits on real basses than you did when you arrived... I always do. :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1330077945' post='1552265']

Actually Luke you aren't too far away from chez Cringean. Why don't you give him a bell and see if he can spare some time to give you a guided tour and explain the filter in more depth. He's a top bloke and is usually always up for a natter of the bass variety. If you don't end up ordering something on the spot, the very least you'll come away with are few more tidbits on real basses than you did when you arrived... I always do. :)
[/quote]

Yes, noticing that you are in Edinburgh Luke it would seem to be total madness not to.

And yes, a great demo :)

Edited by GreeneKing

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1330077945' post='1552265']

[/quote]
I'm intreaged by this preamp, and I'm thinking it sounds perfect for me, at some point.
I've been playing with my Warwick, and finally got it sounding awesome, the barts really really go well with it. For now i switched in a secondhand glockenklang, which is okay and does the job, but doesn't amaze me. I would love at some point to stick an ACG filter pre in it, but I don't have the money at the moment, and will wait till I do until going pestering busy men.
So why start this thread? Well partly as I am really really interested as how filter preamps would work in practice with bass, to the point I was looking to build my own version in an effects box to try it out, but the more I researched the more I thought that the ACG circuit is pretty special.
I also couldn't see a way that a few videos of it floating around could hurt Alan's sales..... :)

Wait until you see the next version which I got from John today. He has upped the bar again and as far as I am concerned he had all ready set it pretty high.
This is the pre-production version so I need to get it into a bass for real world testing which I hope to be able to do next week. The bass it is going in a 6 string Recurve S Type is still drying from spraying. I hope to have the bass and the new pre-amp down at the London show next weekend.

[quote name='skelf' timestamp='1330087972' post='1552485']
Wait until you see the next version which I got from John today. He has upped the bar again and as far as I am concerned he had all ready set it pretty high.
This is the pre-production version so I need to get it into a bass for real world testing which I hope to be able to do next week. The bass it is going in a 6 string Recurve S Type is still drying from spraying. I hope to have the bass and the new pre-amp down at the London show next weekend.
[/quote]

It all sounds a bit exciting Alan, heck even you sound excited :o

The London show bodes well methinks with your new pre and Dave's cab too.

Here's wishing you a great show then.

Peter

[quote name='skelf' timestamp='1330087972' post='1552485']
[/quote]
How's he upped the bar? what can it do now, better? am I going to need to start saving for a whole bass from you? :D

There has been nothing taken away from the 01 but a significant number of features added in the 03.

Don't get me wrong the 01 is an excellent pre-amp and will continue to be just that. However the only reason I am now selling the 01 is because I have a new flagship pre-amp for my own basses which will be exclusively available in them for now on. Well once the testing has been done and the custom pots arrive.

Alan

Edited by skelf